E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

My E Class lock/unlock logic/system is gone wacko!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 10:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
My E Class lock/unlock logic/system is gone wacko!!!

MY01 E430: (I posted this earlier on the Tech Forum)
Keyfob #1 programmed to open driver's side on one touch, then other doors on second touch. Keyfob #2 will open all doors on one touch. Problem: Neither is opening the doors as programmed (not battery). The doors will eventually open, but only the driver's side will open. Even then, the others will not open using the "lock/unlok" button on the center console - this rules out problems with the keyfobs. The only way to open the doors is to use the push/pull tab on the doors. Now, all doors are open, but won't lock at the 13mph programmed speed (again, completely rules out problem with keyfob). I have synchronized the locks, but that only helped for a couple of days. Additionally, the trunk will not open - not with the keyfob, not with the inside trunk release, not even with the lock on the trunk, outside. The fob will deactivate the lock so one can actually push it in with no resistance. Trunk has been traced to cylinder - on order, but what could be causing this problem? Anyone out there experienced this?
Old 02-15-2003, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E320
door locks gone wacko

Darkmann;

Mine tend to act up also; I have it programmed so the drivers' door unlocks on first click of remote, all doors with second click and all doors lock at 9 mph.

After driving the car and stopping, all doors should unlock upon exiting when I open the drivers' door and most of the time they do... then, for no apparent reason, the other three doors do not unlock without using the manual switch on the dash. After a few cycles, it starts working correctly again...