E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

S.O.S - Need Help... Vacuum Hose???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG
Exclamation S.O.S - Need Help... Vacuum Hose???

So after dumping a good amount of cash at the Andy shop for Rear Knuckle L/R Motor Mounts L/R, Sway bar links, Oil Change and a nice 4 Wheel Alignment to top it off.... Oh and after buying new rims/tires as well

So today I went to put windshield washer fluid as it was low and in the process I was cleaning my air box and I always like to look around to make sure that everything is inline. I could hear a low hissing coming from the passenger-side as i go in for a closer look I can see that the vacuum hose was broken off?

Not sure of this vacuum hose job description but I'm sure something is not working properly.

Will need assistance on what this does and how to replace it or is it something that I need to bring to Andy shop or Stealer..

As Always -Thanks in Advance

Photo's Below

Edit: Can this be fixed w/any kind adhesive glue???

Armani
Attached Thumbnails S.O.S - Need Help... Vacuum Hose???-cimg2366.jpg   S.O.S - Need Help... Vacuum Hose???-cimg2367.jpg   S.O.S - Need Help... Vacuum Hose???-cimg2368.jpg  

Last edited by armaniE55; 09-07-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by armaniE55
So after dumping a good amount of cash at the Andy shop for Rear Knuckle L/R Motor Mounts L/R, Sway bar links, Oil Change and a nice 4 Wheel Alignment to top it off.... Oh and after buying new rims/tires as well

So today I went to put windshield washer fluid as it was low and in the process I was cleaning my air box and I always like to look around to make sure that everything is inline. I could hear a low hissing coming from the passenger-side as i go in for a closer look I can see that the vacuum hose was broken off?

Not sure of this vacuum hose job description but I'm sure something is not working properly.

Will need assistance on what this does and how to replace it or is it something that I need to bring to Andy shop or Stealer..

As Always -Thanks in Advance

Photo's Below

Edit: Can this be fixed w/any kind adhesive glue???

Armani

Issue resolved but I'm surprised no one has any insight on what this vacuum hose job description is.

Armani