E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Swap C32 AMG into E320?

Old 11-22-2018, 04:51 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
E36 w124 E32K w210 E500 W211
hi all
I haven't check this site for quite sometime due to work. I don't have a lot of pictures during the installation process so a DIY write up is not possible.
since there are lots of people is interested on this thread, I will make a brief DIY on different thread.
please search for W210 E320 supercharger retrofit
thank you
Old 12-17-2019, 06:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W220 S500 2003 4Matic & W140 1998 S600 V12
Originally Posted by brenden axtell
The only thing you have to cut off of the motor is the bracket for the secondary air pump. You pretty much have to level it off in order for the supercharger to have clearance to sit on the motor. Air box configuration is going to be custom as well. You'll have to get creative on that one. As for the MAF, and MAP there is a difference between the naturally aspirated V6 and the C32 AMG V6. The NA motor uses a Mass Air Flow sensor (MAF) as well as a Mass air pressure sensor (MAP). The C32 AMG uses a MAP sensor and then a Intake air temp sensor instead. It is perfectly doable to run the MAF even after supercharging the NA motor. There are many things in this thread that have been mentioned that are false. For one, you don't need to run a Boost-a-pump. The ECU's are able to be tuned and quit easily as well.
But in case someone isn't swapping with a C32 ECU, what is the Old E320 ECU gonna do with the lack of signal coming from a MAF ??

But then also, isn't it just easier swapping the whole engine/ECU/ EIS ? That's basically just Bolt-on !
Old 12-19-2019, 12:19 PM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
fleet
https://www.vividracing.com/productd...pressor_V3.pdf

here are the directions for supercharger installation if anyone is ever interested. these are for the Kleeman unit, however gives you idea of what you are in for with this.

Looks easier than turboing IMO

Old 04-26-2020, 12:45 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
'03 C32 AMG
The non-K engine block lack oil jets to cool the undersides of the pistons.
Old 04-26-2020, 01:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W220 S500 2003 4Matic & W140 1998 S600 V12
Originally Posted by jakel01
The non-K engine block lack oil jets to cool the undersides of the pistons.
Indont understand why anyone would go to such and extend of trial and error work with an aftermarket supercharger and a non prepared block, instead of dropping in a 112k straight away
Old 10-24-2021, 02:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 Mercedes E320 with C32 AMG engine swap
Well I took the chance and did it… Complete C32 engine swap into aW210 wagon!

I have a 2001 E320 wagon on excellent shape and I was very interested in doing an engine swap but I couldn’t find any similar post of someone actually doing it so I took a chance in been the first to do so.
I got stuck to the idea of the C32 swap since we are talking essentially about the same block.

I found a good deal on a low mileage C32 engine, 48K and I bought it.

My car is a 4 Matic and I wanted to keep it that way, so I swapped the oil pan from the E320 engine to the C32 engine. Perfect fit.

E320 engine out C32 engine in. Exhaust manifolds were kept from the E320 due to different angle from the C32 manifolds. Easy swap. Everything bolted right in place. C32 engine came with a complete C32 engine harness and then I found a C32 ECU on eBay.

So now we have a perfect match between engine and ECU. Looking at the two ECU’s pin by pin on the body side of the ECU we noticed that it’s a 99% match on what is coming to the two ECU’s from the body. Only a couple wires were different.

I added a circulation pump for the supercharger and split the intercooler coolant circuit as most C32 owners do for better cooling of the supercharger.

With the help of a friend we copied all the info regarding key signals and immobilizer from the original ECU to the C32 ECU and everything went smoothly. Ignition recognizes the key, steering wheel unlocks, gearshift goes into gears, car starts right up, car moves and shifts normally.

Still need to do some minor tuning, deal with some vacuum lines but so far so good. Btw transmission and differential are from the E320 and if any problems occur I will deal with them as they come although I don’t plan to go racing.

Attached is a video of the first start up and a few more from the engine in the car…

More updates to come after everything is in place, I just wanted to share this as soon as we got it going.

Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_1467.MOV (6.83 MB, 118 views)
The following users liked this post:
raymond g- (10-26-2021)
Old 10-25-2021, 09:32 AM

fleet
Originally Posted by gearsloose
I have a 2001 E320 wagon on excellent shape and I was very interested in doing an engine swap but I couldn’t find any similar post of someone actually doing it so I took a chance in been the first to do so.
I got stuck to the idea of the C32 swap since we are talking essentially about the same block.

I found a good deal on a low mileage C32 engine, 48K and I bought it.

My car is a 4 Matic and I wanted to keep it that way, so I swapped the oil pan from the E320 engine to the C32 engine. Perfect fit.

E320 engine out C32 engine in. Exhaust manifolds were kept from the E320 due to different angle from the C32 manifolds. Easy swap. Everything bolted right in place. C32 engine came with a complete C32 engine harness and then I found a C32 ECU on eBay.

So now we have a perfect match between engine and ECU. Looking at the two ECU’s pin by pin on the body side of the ECU we noticed that it’s a 99% match on what is coming to the two ECU’s from the body. Only a couple wires were different.

I added a circulation pump for the supercharger and split the intercooler coolant circuit as most C32 owners do for better cooling of the supercharger.

With the help of a friend we copied all the info regarding key signals and immobilizer from the original ECU to the C32 ECU and everything went smoothly. Ignition recognizes the key, steering wheel unlocks, gearshift goes into gears, car starts right up, car moves and shifts normally.

Still need to do some minor tuning, deal with some vacuum lines but so far so good. Btw transmission and differential are from the E320 and if any problems occur I will deal with them as they come although I don’t plan to go racing.

Attached is a video of the first start up and a few more from the engine in the car…

More updates to come after everything is in place, I just wanted to share this as soon as we got it going.

looking badass. i have seen 2 c32s that are on their way to turning into rust dust for sale on CL and both have gone for about 3-4k. looks fantastic
Old 10-25-2021, 09:34 AM

fleet
looking badass. i have seen 2 c32s that are on their way to turning into rust dust for sale on CL and both have gone for about 3-4k. looks fantastic

I am sure much more goes into the turn the key part as you outlined
The following users liked this post:
gearsloose (10-25-2021)
Old 01-28-2022, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk320
Hi guys im new here, i have the oppurtunity to buy a c32 amg komppressor for my clk320. I dont have the knowledge to do it, but i am interested can you explain me and help me how to do it. Can you give me more info on what to mod. He gives me in the kit injectors komppressor ECU. Pls help haha.