E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

I need some opinions as to what options you guys were getting from Steve when he gets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 05:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55
I need some opinions as to what options you guys were getting from Steve when he gets

I need some opinions as to what options you guys were getting from Steve when he gets here with the comands. Is it better to get the RGB or to get a TV tuner? WIth TV tuner can you stiill watch while in motion? I know with RGB you can watch dvd's in motion right?
For those of you getting RGB are you going to purchase a aftermarket dvd player and if so what kind and where are you planning on mounting it(glovebox?)? or would you guys recommend getting a ps2 since it will play dvd's anyways. but will a ps2 skip while driving?
Also what are the pros and cons between the RCAs and the headphone jack for the Aux connection? I mean you can adapt either one with a simple wire that converts headphone jack to RCA right? so if the RCA is cheaper why would someone choose the headphone jack?
Does anyone have a TV tuner hooked up to their COMAND? if so can you tell us whether it picks up the channels clearly and how many stations do you get?
Old 03-26-2003, 03:23 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Re: I need some opinions as to what options you guys were getting from Steve when he gets

Originally posted by davidhung78
Is it better to get the RGB or to get a TV tuner? better or cheaper are two completely different things which might help making up your mind
WIth TV tuner can you stiill watch while in motion? NO
I know with RGB you can watch dvd's in motion right? YES
Also what are the pros and cons between the RCAs and the headphone jack for the Aux connection? The best connector depends on what you want to plug into the AUX socket
I mean you can adapt either one with a simple wire that converts headphone jack to RCA right? YES
so if the RCA is cheaper why would someone choose the headphone jack? OEM
Does anyone have a TV tuner hooked up to their COMAND? class C in the W203 section (did his in february
if so can you tell us whether it picks up the channels clearly and how many stations do you get? One can pick up channels but NOT clearly...picking up TV channels while in motion sucks...reception even sucks when you are NOT in motion (same in my car with Clarion TV tuner)

greetingz,