E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Purchase my Carsoft 7.4 diagnostic system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210 E320
Purchase my Carsoft 7.4 diagnostic system

Here is the link
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
http://www.alpha-bid.com/product55.html
<o:p></o:p>
TOTAL was $121.72 with shipping, comes from Washington, inside the US.
It works fairly well. It brings the software with installation instructions. The installation is somewhat complex but not impossible. The interface is somewhat plain. The data is presented in basic text form. In my opinion it is not for beginners, you need to have a bit of computer and mechanical knowledge to utilize this system efficiently but I don’t think it would be hard to learn the necessary steps to use it successfully.
I would say it gets the job done. It is nothing like the Star diagnostic system but for the price it's a great deal. Will diagnose pretty much everything the Star system will. I have used it in my 97 W210 and worked well.
WARNING!!!!!!!
**YOU DO NEED A LAPTOP OR DESKTOP WITH A SERIAL PORT CONNECTION!! ALSO KNOWN AS DB-9 CONNECTION. THIS IS SOMEWHAT OUTDATED TECHNOLOGY. IT LOOKS JUST LIKE A MONITOR CONECTOR BUT IT HAS 9 PINS INSIDE. MOST NEW LAPTOPS DO NOT HAVE THIS CONNECTION**
It claims model from 87-03 I believe.
Any questions please feel free to post them here.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
GL450
I have an error from my Teleaid system (old analog phone system which won't work anymore). I had tried before to remove it with Carsoft but couldn't. Any ideas how to do it? I have the same kit as you.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210 E320
Originally Posted by saintz
I have an error from my Teleaid system (old analog phone system which won't work anymore). I had tried before to remove it with Carsoft but couldn't. Any ideas how to do it? I have the same kit as you.

not sure on that one. sorry.