E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

W210 asr/abs anomalia - self-acceleration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w210 e280
W210 asr/abs anomalia - self-acceleration

Hi,

firstly i must say that i've done loads of searches on the net and also in this forum, but have found nothing related. I've been a long time reader but just now registered cause of a big problem.

I drive a 1996 w210 e280 5spd automatic and just recently i've got some very wierd problems.

I start the car, all goes fine. I start driving, and as i want to break ABS kicks in way too soon. No warning lights on the dash appear. Then, after some nice "abs noise" and some brakings the car starts to accelerate by itself!!?? No foot on any pedals and it just starts accelerating.

Then in some time, after of course trying not to crash by setting to neutral, asr and abs lights go on in the dash and the problem dissapears. In addition to the lights going on, i lose powersteering. Maybe not totally, but the steering gets heavier definitely.

I hope somebody is able to help me, i myself am hoping it is just the case of abs or asr sensors, but i'm not rushing to the dealer yet.

big thanks,
A.