E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

tint color

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 01:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
tint color

i got a white car but what would you guys do? The blue benz sports glass which would cost me around 1200 to install or get black tint all around, my interior is tan also by the way. I have light blue tint on my car now but the orginal mercedes glass have a slight green tint to them so the green and the blue tint makes it look a little turquoise, so please let me know what you guys think.
Old 05-12-2003, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Re: tint color

Originally posted by alexbenz
i got a white car but what would you guys do? The blue benz sports glass which would cost me around 1200 to install or get black tint all around, my interior is tan also by the way. I have light blue tint on my car now but the orginal mercedes glass have a slight green tint to them so the green and the blue tint makes it look a little turquoise, so please let me know what you guys think.
IMO, especially on a white car, I would tint them with charcoal color tint from Madico with 20% on the rear section and 35% on the front 2 doors as I did on mine. Let me know if you need a good shop. BTW Alex, is this you at the show yesterday? I saw your car and recognized it from your posts. As you can see I am stopped right behind you as I saw your ride when I was on my way out...
Old 05-12-2003, 02:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
haha, yes that was me, I got there early and my freinds were *****ing so I left early but there weren't that many benz's which i was disappointed! Hey what did you think of my tint? and I'm thinking of changing to a dark charcoal color tint but this time i need to change the strip thats at the bottom of the windows because it scratches the tint. Let me know what you tint, since you got great taste, thanks
Old 05-12-2003, 02:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I was also disappointed that there weren't any E classes except for JamE55's Benz that we rolled in together at the last minute for the hell of it. I agree, charcoal would look really nice on your ride! Let me know if you need a good tint shop. BTW, thanks for the compliment about the great taste. I don't know if I have great taste but I do know what I like.

Later...Jimmy
Old 05-12-2003, 03:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
jimmy do u have any pics of your car? the shop i went to that was very good was A1 doctor tint in carson.
Old 05-12-2003, 03:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

jimmy do u have any pics of your car? the shop i went to that was very good was A1 doctor tint in carson.
Here is one I just took at the show on Saturday. I still don't have my front bumper yet but you at least can see the tint.
Old 05-12-2003, 03:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
jimmy whats the drop on your car and did you change the spring pads, i changed the rear but i want the want a little lower, i might change the pads in the front to something a little lower and thanks for the pic, do you have any more?
Old 05-12-2003, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The drop on my car is about 1.4" all around. I had installed H&R Sport springs and Bilstein Sport shocks. Dumb me, I didn't look to see what number spring pads I had on my car when my mechanic changed out my suspension. I am going to find out soon though because I am thinking about lowering the front about another 1/4-1/2" to level it out. Are you asking if I have any more pics. of my Benz?
Old 05-12-2003, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55
Two very nice looking cars there, guys. cheers
Old 05-12-2003, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks for the compliment Greg. I was just about to call you on your mirrors. Talk to you in a few...
Old 05-13-2003, 01:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
thanks greg, yeah jimmy i wanted to see some more pics? your front looks lower than mine and i have the eibach sportsline kit, i think its the same drop but i'm not sure, also i wanted to ask you 2 questions, i want to change all the interior light bulbs in the dash and center console( what size are the blubs and how mant are there? and last thing i saw a post about you having the updated side mirrors with the connectors and ready to go to throw on? is that true, cause i tired emailing steve but he hasn;'t got back to me yet and i want to do it....thanks
Old 05-13-2003, 01:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

thanks greg, yeah jimmy i wanted to see some more pics? your front looks lower than mine and i have the eibach sportsline kit, i think its the same drop but i'm not sure, also i wanted to ask you 2 questions, i want to change all the interior light bulbs in the dash and center console( what size are the blubs and how mant are there? and last thing i saw a post about you having the updated side mirrors with the connectors and ready to go to throw on? is that true, cause i tired emailing steve but he hasn;'t got back to me yet and i want to do it....thanks
Hey Alex, I will send you some more pics. if you would like. PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you them. As for the interior bulbs, I was waiting for a reply on the post about the lights to see if anyone had any luck with them. I read that you have to solder off the light bulbs, paint them and then solder them back on! Sounds like a lot of work that I don't have time for at the moment. Second, I don't have any mirrors left but I will look around for you and see if I can find a set. Yes, I have all of the instructions and pictures of my mirror instal. and will provide them for you when you are ready. I just walker E430guy through his installation and it went pretty well. Steve sold him the set of mirrors with the plugs already wired and all he had to do was run the wires for the blinkers. I will let you know what I come up with...Jim
Old 05-13-2003, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55
With the help of Jim and Steve, I have just finished the installation of blinking mirrors on my car. I'd be happy to offer any guidance, if needed. Thanks,
Old 05-13-2003, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by E430guy
With the help of Jim and Steve, I have just finished the installation of blinking mirrors on my car. I'd be happy to offer any guidance, if needed. Thanks,
Thanks Greg, it was my pleasure and everyone, please don't hesitate to ask us for help as that's what I believe everyone is on this forum for, to help out your fellow Benz owner...Have a good one...