E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Pictural DIY: Sea Foaming your W210

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 12:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 E430
Pictural DIY: Sea Foaming your W210

I performed this on my 01 E430 tonight without any issues. SORRY FOR THE CRAPPY CELL PHONE PICS.

DISCLAIMER: Here is the typical disclaimer, I can not be held responsible for your actions. If your car blows up, its not my fault. DO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Now with that being said, this is pretty simple. When I did this, I DID NOT get a CEL.

STEP 1:
Gather required materials.
1 can of Seafoam
1 #2 philips head screw driver
1 cup, or small bowl
Some sort of hose to connect to the vacuum line in the car and to the bowl. I have 2 hoses linked together via a brass barred connector(pic 2). To ensure you are not sucking up too much sea foam too fast, I use a ball inflation needle(pic 3). The smaller hose is 1/4(if I remember correctly) and the larger hose is 3/8 in fuel line. The length is whatever you want. Mine are about a foot each.

PIC 1.

PIC 2.

PIC 3.

Now go to the car. Open the hood and look on the drivers side. It will look a little something like this: (Now I am doing this on a 430, and I can not say with any certainty that the 320s are like this too.)

Now locate this cylindrical time here right in front of the ABS pump(when looking from the drivers side).

Now unscrew the clamp but DO NOT DISCONNECT THE LINE THAT COMES IN FROM ACROSS THE TOP YET. USE THIS LINE ONLY! The other line leads under the car, totally useless.

Go and start the car.

Now disconnect the hard plastic line and hook your line up with the needle up and make sure you have a good seal around the hard plastic line you are now connected to.

Now you can SLOWLY suck up the sea foam that you have in your cup or bowl. I typically use 1/2 a can and the other 1/2 goes in the gas tank. Its about 3 fill ups of the little pyrex bowl I am using.

Once your finished sucking up the sea foam shut your car off, then unhook your line and reconnect the hard plastic line and tighten the hose clamp back down.

***WAIT ONLY 5 MINUTES***

Then start the car up. Smoke may not come out right at first. Start to rev the motor and it will start blowing out. Depending on how dirty your engine is, it may have a lot of smoke or it might not have much at all(like mine). The smoke may be thick and it may linger. Thats fine. Do not just let the car idle, you need to rev on it to get the smoke out. Once the smoke has thinned out, go ahead and take it out for a quick spin and go ahead and be hard on it. Your trying to blow all the carbon junk out!

If you have any questions, I will do my best to help you out.