E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Carbon creation body kit for W210 anybody here ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
Carbon creation body kit for W210 anybody here ?

Guys,
Just wonder if anybody in this forum has installed their body kit / front bumper. I am interested in the front bumper for the W210 E55 but not sure how is the quality. It has the side fins like the 63 front bumper... anybody bought and installed this before ? and what you guys think about the look ?
Old 11-07-2011, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Here is the link:

http://www.extremedimensions.com/12284.html
Old 11-07-2011, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 CLS55 Renntech stage 5, 04 CL600 ( will miss ),02e55 , 11 R350
charlie I got one of the first when they first came out , I only got the front bumper .. looks really nice but dont expect it to be a direct bolt on by amy means ... there is work to be done , so if you have a good body shop I think it is one of the nicest out there. I would have sent you pictures but the car right now is in the body shop because the ding bat who did the paint didnt do a good job at all and these are points to consider :
- The bumper is either carbon Fiber over a core of fiberglass or all carbon fiber , that means a LOT OF PREPPING is needed , sanding and sanding and more sanding other wise the pattern/weave of the carbon fiber will show through the surface and thats what happened with me .. now I have to either strip it or buy a new one and start over again.
- The front of the bumper is LOW , my car is already low ( Eibachs/Bilsteins with #1 pads) and I scraped the bumper many many times, there is no way to have it higher unless the whole car is adjusted up.. I am going for either KW where i can adjust the height or #3 or even $4 in the front , which means the rear will be #2 or 3 , but I really dont want the car slammed I never liked that , I have barely a finger on top of the front wheels , but with this bumper I MUST RAISE the car but thats me .
- You cant use the fogs !
- The mesh that comes with it is the worse part about it , if you want a nice look , custom mesh is a must .

Having said that , of all the ones I have seen , if it is done right by the right body shop , it is one the nicest looking ones period. I am thinking of buying one instead of redoing the one I have , pm or email me if you would like.
Cheers,
Max
Old 11-07-2011, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 S210 3.8L Brabus wagon
Does not flow with the original lines of that model year. There are better options out there. On a car with many subtle curves in the bodywork, this front end comes off as too square and box like. It does not flow with the car.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ejsheltra
Does not flow with the original lines of that model year. There are better options out there. On a car with many subtle curves in the bodywork, this front end comes off as too square and box like. It does not flow with the car.
Tell me what other options are " AVAILABLE " for that car ?
Old 11-08-2011, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by maxwerks
charlie I got one of the first when they first came out , I only got the front bumper .. looks really nice but dont expect it to be a direct bolt on by amy means ... there is work to be done , so if you have a good body shop I think it is one of the nicest out there. I would have sent you pictures but the car right now is in the body shop because the ding bat who did the paint didnt do a good job at all and these are points to consider :
- The bumper is either carbon Fiber over a core of fiberglass or all carbon fiber , that means a LOT OF PREPPING is needed , sanding and sanding and more sanding other wise the pattern/weave of the carbon fiber will show through the surface and thats what happened with me .. now I have to either strip it or buy a new one and start over again.
- The front of the bumper is LOW , my car is already low ( Eibachs/Bilsteins with #1 pads) and I scraped the bumper many many times, there is no way to have it higher unless the whole car is adjusted up.. I am going for either KW where i can adjust the height or #3 or even $4 in the front , which means the rear will be #2 or 3 , but I really dont want the car slammed I never liked that , I have barely a finger on top of the front wheels , but with this bumper I MUST RAISE the car but thats me .
- You cant use the fogs !
- The mesh that comes with it is the worse part about it , if you want a nice look , custom mesh is a must .

Having said that , of all the ones I have seen , if it is done right by the right body shop , it is one the nicest looking ones period. I am thinking of buying one instead of redoing the one I have , pm or email me if you would like.
Cheers,
Max
Thanks Max. When you have a chance, please shoot me a pix. What color is your car ? Mine is Black so........ I wanted to have a front lip but its like impossible to find one. The reason I am thinking of the conversion is that new bumper has update 63 look. If I do this, i would only do the front bumper nothing more. If I understand well, this is made by Fiber glass so need a lot of sanding and good paint job. I know the Fiber glass will lose paint very fast with the road chip. And good points about the fog light and the mesh has to be customized.
Those guys who is selling is in Socal not too far from me so that's a plus. Anyways, shoot me some pix when you got some. Thanks !
Old 11-08-2011, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ejsheltra
For W210 There is no much of options, if you can find a good one that won't cost $1k+ let me know because i still haven't found.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BTW, I have no idea if my car is lower or not. The last owner told me about 1inch lower but i don't see it if not comparing side by side with other W210
Old 11-08-2011, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CharlyE500
For W210 There is no much of options, if you can find a good one that won't cost $1k+ let me know because i still haven't found.
Charlie there are none even at the $1K mark .. I have looked forever ... the only ones are those Erubini things and I wont touch these if my like depended on it .. they look like those Testarossa kits on a pinto pinto chassis !! The carbon creation ones are the best I have seen...considering no one can find Carlssons, Lorinsers, or Brabus .. they dont produce them for these cars anymore .... LIPS.. forget it , I got two before and had to scrap them the fitment was aweful these were the so called " Brabus Style " .

If you want the updated look those morello ones I think are the best available .
I just checked with my shop they said that they already removed my old one from the car ...and they are waiting for my decision as to what I want to do ...unless something happens in the next few days I think I will go for the Morello again myself . PM me anytime you want .
Old 11-14-2011, 08:59 PM

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts
Tectitgrau S210
people still put "body kits" on cars?? I taught that fad died out in the 90s...

Seriously tho, nothing is going to match OEM fit and finish so your basically just going to make your car looks like *****.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:32 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
1997 E420
I looked at that kit long and hard but have decided against it. I don't think it fits the front of the W210 very well, and I've read too much questioning the quality/fit/finish (just look at the back of the thing in their own product images (attached), then go look at the back of an AMG bumper cover on eBay.

I *really* like the idea they were going for there but it just doesn't seem like they pulled it off on the W210 kit. Like someone else said, it's really low in the front... too low compared to the sides in the photos they have on the site. I also think the bottom lip is too wide. If you look at W210 body kit photos, nothing else really sticks out that far on the sides. Look at the corner of the front lip and the follow that back to the side skirts.

I also *LOVE* where they were trying to go with the rear bumper -- with the built in diffuser. Unfortunately, they didn't pull it off and it looks like crap in the photos I've seen. The fins look like a 2 year old made them... huge and chunky.

You should definitely read up about the kit for the W203. Here is a looooong thread with people from Extreme Dimensions involved, plus TWO examples with photos of the kit on a W203.

MBWORLD THREAD ON W203: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...rello-kit.html

The first one was done I think for ED for SEMA show, but the guy took it off his car pretty quick afterwards... sounds like the fit/finish wasn't great. The second is towards the end of the thread... a red car that looks decent. But even though it kind of works in these photos for the W203, I had so much of a question in my head about the kit for the W210 that I decided to pass. I'm going to mod my own bumper from OEM parts.
Attached Thumbnails Carbon creation body kit for W210 anybody here ?-diffuser-ed.jpg   Carbon creation body kit for W210 anybody here ?-morello-w203-front-side-red.jpg   Carbon creation body kit for W210 anybody here ?-morello-w203-front-red.jpg   Carbon creation body kit for W210 anybody here ?-00_w210ccmorelloeditionfront7.jpg  
Old 11-14-2011, 09:37 PM

1997 E420
MaxWerks -- I'd also love to see photos. You sound like you like your bumper for the W210. I've not seen any photos other than on their website for our car so maybe seeing your pics could change my mind about it and give me more confidence. Could you post some pics in this thread?
Old 11-18-2011, 12:52 AM

1997 E420
Geez I wish that rear bumper looked better. Going to spend a fortune trying to HOPEFULLY create something that looks like this but better. I've just come across this again while scouring the web trying to find a decently priced used AMG bumper and the price is pretty darn enticing -- but just can't deal with it not looking quite good enough. Extreme Dimensions basically has the AMG design but with the screwed up looking diffuser where there is just an indentation on the AMG part. The ED bumper is selling for like $350 on eBay. I'm going to spend that much or more on a used AMG bumper and then I don't know how much to have a carbon fiber diffuser made. Maybe there is a premade carbon diffuser for the E55 market? Anyone know? Will have to look around.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:00 AM

1997 E420
I found these pics of a W210 with what appears to be a version of the extreme dimensions/carbon creation kit. The guy has the extreme dimensions and carbon creations logos on his back window, but these are possibly done in full carbon fiber (or they are wrapped). Actually, some of the build photos seem to show them in fiberglass. Very confusing. As I said in previous posts, I think this kit is just tooooo much. I love the idea and direction but there is absolutely no restraint in the design so it comes off over the top. Not in a good way.
Attached Thumbnails Carbon creation body kit for W210 anybody here ?-morello-full-carbon-rear.jpg   Carbon creation body kit for W210 anybody here ?-morello-full-carbon.jpg  
Old 11-20-2011, 08:49 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 E350 4matic/97 e320 and 01 ml320
Fugly

First off the openings in the front are too big and wide and the rear is too exaggerated. Better off getting the real AMG bumpers and customize.