E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Chrome Plated Caliper pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 04:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 F-150 XLT Sport Crew Cab
Chrome Plated Caliper pics

I told you I would post pictures of the calipers when i was doing painting them...Well here they are:
http://www.carextreme.com/us/benz.html

They are the last 4 pics...Please dont make fun of my wheel....I know they are all messed up That's why new wheels are soon to come
Old 07-05-2003, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
98 W210 Advantgarde
Nice job. Hope those spots are just water splashes

BTW, what sort of paint (that'll stand the heat) did you use and did you have to remove those calipers first? Maybe a stupid question, I know, but interested to find out the options .

Am considering red or blue (unless I decide to upgrade to an AMG brake system).

Another stupid question, why didn't you change the centre compartments to Black eagle eye maple (or whatever its called ))?. In case you get bored of your two tone steering wheel, I have found out that Schatz makes steering wheels with the same type of wood inserts, you may even get to choose the color leather you want - in your case, either grey or black ( have been searching for one for a long time, almost gave in to considering a set with carbon inserts)

Last edited by Whitey; 07-05-2003 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-05-2003, 05:24 PM

Originally posted by Whitey
Nice job. Hope those spots are just water splashes

BTW, what sort of paint (that'll stand the heat) did you use and did you have to remove those calipers first? Maybe a stupid question, I know, but interested to find out the options .

Am considering red or blue (unless I decide to upgrade to an AMG brake system).

Another stupid question, why didn't you change the centre compartments to Black eagle eye maple (or whatever its called ))?. In case you get bored of your two tone steering wheel, I have found out that Schatz makes steering wheels with the same type of wood inserts, you may even get to choose the color leather you want - in your case, either grey or black ( have been searching for one for a long time, almost gave in to considering a set with carbon inserts)

Hey...I just took off my wheel and put tape around the rotor and painted the caliper without removing it (WAY EAISER)......I use Engine paint that will stand up to 1500 of heat 500 will work just fine. I do not know the brand but i will find it today and let ya know...

The center part in my car is still brown cause i have not gotten around to buy the birds eye maple yet...It will be done soon tho
Old 07-05-2003, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Thanks dude.

You sure like doing your own paintwork, first the grill, now the calipers (not your trade is it?)

Ever thought of doing the engine block or fuel injection unit? Together with colored hoses, chrome parts etc, the front compartment would sure liven up (even without the mechanical mods!)..........

Good luck on your project.
Old 07-05-2003, 06:00 PM

Originally posted by Whitey
Thanks dude.

You sure like doing your own paintwork, first the grill, now the calipers (not your trade is it?)

Ever thought of doing the engine block or fuel injection unit? Together with colored hoses, chrome parts etc, the front compartment would sure liven up (even without the mechanical mods!)..........

Good luck on your project.
I do plan on doing some of the work to the engine but not till i get my intake on.

I will get you the information today about what paint i used.
Old 07-08-2003, 02:05 PM

I forgot to give you the information on what I used....here is the info:

Dupli-Color
High Heat w/ Ceramic
Holds up to 1200 degrees
Color used was "Aluminum" Code "DH1606"

You can find this in most of you auto stores or hardware.

If you ony find one that holds up to 500 that will work just as good.
Old 07-08-2003, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Many thx!