E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Removing 2 cats as we speak....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Ahhhh...Now I see, much better and longer. That sounds insane when you go zooming by the camera! I still can't wait to listen to it tonight when I get home...Good job!
Old 07-10-2003, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E300
Is it just me or it sounds blurry as s*&?

The vids are cool, just wish they were bigger. Looking at those clips at a 1600x1200 resolution, everything starts to look small :-)
Old 07-14-2003, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds Nice! Good Job on Your Car!
Old 07-15-2003, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
I think the video is large enough and good enough to "get the picture" of what's going on, doesn't need to be like watching a movie. The sound is still a bit muffled though and wish it was a bit clearer but I still get a feel of what it sounds like. Can't wait until the new exhaust is installed...Benz, don't forget to keep us posted...Thanks!
Old 07-15-2003, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230k
Originally posted by Benz
I know for a fact I have gotten good HP out of this. The car takes off way better! Also sounds like a NASCAR.
I can see doing this if you're going for a different sound. But as far as helping the car launch harder, I doubt it.

Not trying to flame, but think about it. You're claiming a performance improvement due to less restriction. But, at low rpm, the flow and therefore restriction is already low.

I'm assuming by "takes off better" you mean when you step on it it accelerates harder. But when you step on it, the rpm is relatively low, so there's no reason to expect noticable gains by reducing the restriction by, say, another 20%.

FYI - It's not unheard of to have emissions legal systems only provide 3% powerloss. In other words, the "loss free" system used as a baseline during dyno testing provided only 3% more power than a certified emissions and sound legal exhaust. Some assemblies are worse than others, but the point is it takes more than simply changing the exhaust to get big power gains.

It's also not unheard of to have a "higher restriction" exhaust give faster 0-60 times.

I'm sure your car sounds faster, but don't let that fool you. Do some measurements and find out the real story.
Old 07-15-2003, 05:02 PM

2000 F-150 XLT Sport Crew Cab
Originally posted by Spyke
I can see doing this if you're going for a different sound. But as far as helping the car launch harder, I doubt it.

Not trying to flame, but think about it. You're claiming a performance improvement due to less restriction. But, at low rpm, the flow and therefore restriction is already low.

I'm assuming by "takes off better" you mean when you step on it it accelerates harder. But when you step on it, the rpm is relatively low, so there's no reason to expect noticable gains by reducing the restriction by, say, another 20%.

FYI - It's not unheard of to have emissions legal systems only provide 3% powerloss. In other words, the "loss free" system used as a baseline during dyno testing provided only 3% more power than a certified emissions and sound legal exhaust. Some assemblies are worse than others, but the point is it takes more than simply changing the exhaust to get big power gains.

It's also not unheard of to have a "higher restriction" exhaust give faster 0-60 times.

I'm sure your car sounds faster, but don't let that fool you. Do some measurements and find out the real story.

I have owned a few race cars in the past and taking off the CATS provide you with good gains...I take off alot faster then i did before and i feel more gains....I raced a friend of mine tht use to beat me way worse then what he does now from a stop...Im not being fooled, im very smart when it comes to drag racing..Ive been doing this for 5 years

If your talking about lose in back presser....This does not hurt v8's.

BTW: Remember that the car is not staying like this...Tomorrow it goes in for the exhaust and 2 racing bullets baby