E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

ABS, ESP, BAS problem + gearbox doesn´t shift

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E240 W210
ABS, ESP, BAS problem + gearbox doesn´t shift

Hi guys,
I have special problem with my W210 E240. I was reading many forums with ABS, ESP, BAS problem but I couldnt find exactly same problems what I have. After start the engine allways after about 3 minutes (when I turn off ESP it is about 10 minutes) speedometer stops working and in one second later , board computer shows ABS, ESP, BAS problem and gear is stucked and I have to drive only on one gear. It is difficult to accelerate on fourth or fifth gear and fuel consumption is enormous than. SRS and engine light is on as well. Brake lights works good, just one bulb is broken and brake light switch is replaced. Fuses are allright. Problem will be maybe in low battery voltage because before I bought that car it wasnt used for 6 months and cold engine starts hardly. Thank you for your opinions.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:02 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
I think you are on the right track----low voltage, all the systems you have problems with are very sensitive to low voltage and require at least 11v-----I would say get the battery charged and away you go!!
Old 07-15-2013, 04:23 PM

E240 W210
I fully charged that battery but nothing has changed. Do you think that is not real reason of all problems or these malfunctions must be deleted by computer in the service? thank you
Old 07-15-2013, 07:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
Please remember that once you have a fault(lamp comes on) that stays in memory and just because you recharge the battery does not eliminate the fault. However if it was caused by low voltage and the situation does not come back, it will take for or five drive cycles to clear the fault(and the lamp will go out)

But if it was not caused by low voltage the fault will not be erased after four or five drive cycle----then what do you do---well most people who have the money will not guess at this or that to find and solve the problem-----they won't guess and waste time. They will take the car for a good scan which will quickly find and then solve the problem.

Therefore you can do nothing and see what happens or be proactive spend some money and do something!!
Old 07-18-2013, 06:01 PM

E240 W210
I m ordered in service to next week so I will spend some and make it done. I m just trying to find out the reasons why is not working and know more my car so I don´t think that is time wasting. Easiest think is go to the service and spend lots of money but sometimes when you know that car better you can buy things for yourself and make it done by yourself(I m not saying that allways but sometimes yes). And service is not about saving money and finding cheapest way how to fix it but about making great bills , if bigger than better..You want benz? pay!

I was trying to find out what else could it be and I found under the rear seats turn rate sensor which is very noisy so I m not sure if it works O.K so it can be problem too. What you think? many thanks