E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

What do you think of these?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2003 | 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Hurry up and paint your car Benz. I can't wait to see what it turns out like. Need the black to match your interior better...So, did you find out why your car is dieing at idle and why it's running hot???
Old 09-09-2003 | 10:26 PM

2000 F-150 XLT Sport Crew Cab
Originally posted by E55 KEV
Benz, your car is nice and I like it and any car that the owner shows pride. It is obvious that you love your ride. You probably have many upgrade plans in the works and adding the AMG badge on the right is cool once a person adds some AMG stuff (other than the badge). However, many think it is phoney to rebadge a car to something it is not while people snicker behind their backs (eventhough you don't care if they do).

Adding E55 to a car is akin to a bald guy getting hair plugs or wearing a toupee and he thinks no one knows he is bald.

Keep up the good work because you are truly innovative for doing the mods that you have done - but adding E55 to your car is not a mod.
Kev...I know you were messin with me when you posted before...Your a good guy...We spoke a few times in the past and you helped me out when I was new to the benz world about 2-3 years ago.

E-Klasse...I owe you a PM about the wood grain...I want it but i need to tell you the story on whats going on.

The reason why the car was not painted was because when I was gone and my car was being taken to the shop it died...It then would keep dieing and dieing....I told them not to paint it cause I need to fix the problem first ($$$) needed to make sure I could still pay for repaires....I JUST now today got a call from the shop and my mass air flow sensor and my crankshift sensor all needs replaced...Also need a new intake syste, cause mine broke....It's costing me $868 for everything...So there goes my freaking paint job for awhile I get my car back tomorrow afternoon. Things like this ALWAYS happen to me
Old 09-09-2003 | 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E300
Sh*t. Could have been worse. At least you know what's wrong!
Old 09-10-2003 | 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
|Spend $250 on some '00+ E55 tails, you won't regret it
Old 09-10-2003 | 02:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Originally posted by The Doctor
|Spend $250 on some '00+ E55 tails, you won't regret it
But he just spent 10 big bucks on the paint
Old 09-10-2003 | 09:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No prob. Benz. Sorry to hear about that sh*t. Don't worry, if the paint job was meant to be then it will happen. If you remember earlier this year my E also started making some clicking noises. Found out it was the lifters and although they didn't need immediate attention, I didn't take any chances and had them all replaced. Also replaced timing chain and a bunch of other things while we were in there, too many to list. I spent about double what you spent but now, I know I can go to at least 300k without a sweat...It purrrrrrrrrrrrs.
Old 09-10-2003 | 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Air Force

2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
Originally posted by Benz
Kev...I know you were messin with me when you posted before...Your a good guy...We spoke a few times in the past and you helped me out when I was new to the benz world about 2-3 years ago.

Thanks. It's all Good. We are all Mercedes brothers and I like the direction you are taking your car. A completely stock car is boring! Keep up the good work.
Old 09-10-2003 | 12:53 PM

Dood, it's obvious that the '///amg' is not lined up with the 'E55'. It sits higher.

Old 09-10-2003 | 01:03 PM

2000 F-150 XLT Sport Crew Cab
Originally posted by Hank
Dood, it's obvious that the '///amg' is not lined up with the 'E55'. It sits higher.

sorry "dood" im not going to argu with you over something so stupid...I know it's lined up and that's what matters....Drop this already. sheesh
Old 09-10-2003 | 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Originally posted by jimmydagreek
No prob. Benz. Sorry to hear about that sh*t. Don't worry, if the paint job was meant to be then it will happen. If you remember earlier this year my E also started making some clicking noises. Found out it was the lifters and although they didn't need immediate attention, I didn't take any chances and had them all replaced. Also replaced timing chain and a bunch of other things while we were in there, too many to list. I spent about double what you spent but now, I know I can go to at least 300k without a sweat...It purrrrrrrrrrrrs.
You shouldn't have changed the lifter. A trick that Mark Cummins taught me: My dad's '00 E320 had a sticky lifter, so I had 1qt of engine oil drained, and then replaced w/ 1qt (quart) of ATF tranny fluid added in the engine, which acts as a detergent. Leave it in for 500 miles or 2 weeks, drain it all, and get fresh oil in, and you're done, no more ticking!
Old 09-10-2003 | 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aha, did that and it didn't work. The car had reg. oil in it then and so I replaced it with fully sythetic oil as per my mechanic, that failed also. I also tried a couple of different additives as recommended by Mercedes and that didn't work. So, finally had to replace the lifters and man did they need replacement.
Old 09-10-2003 | 01:36 PM

1998 E320
The reason why the car was not painted was because when I was gone and my car was being taken to the shop it died...It then would keep dieing and dieing....I told them not to paint it cause I need to fix the problem first ($$$) needed to make sure I could still pay for repaires....I JUST now today got a call from the shop and my mass air flow sensor and my crankshift sensor all needs replaced...Also need a new intake syste, cause mine broke....It's costing me $868 for everything...So there goes my freaking paint job for awhile I get my car back tomorrow afternoon. Things like this ALWAYS happen to me [/B][/QUOTE]

Benz,
I changed my Air Intake Tube, it started from MASS and to the rear of the engine, held by 1 screw Part $80, I also changed Mass bought on E bay for New for $115 shipped. It was very easy to change 10 minutes for both. Air intake was seperated in the middle of joint where fixed clamp band meet. I tried to put it back in no luck and I changed it.

Last edited by Merc1; 09-10-2003 at 05:46 PM.