E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

New E320 Owner From Phoenix, AZ

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
New E320 Owner From Phoenix, AZ

Greetings!

Bought my first MB yesterday. It's a black 320 with 201,000 miles. It's in excellent condition with a few minor issues which I have found the answers/resolutions to here on this forum.
I bought it from my next door neighbor who was the 2nd owner and had it for the last 8 years, so I was able to trust the history of the car with a very high level of confidence.
A couple of months ago, my neighbor asked me to do a full pre-sale detail on it to get it ready to sell. At the time, I had no interest in buying the car so I didn't give that a second thought. A week or so after I detailed it, my daily driver got whacked and due to its age, the insurance co. decided to total it. At that point, I still didn't think about buying this, or any other Benz - it just wasn't even a consideration, or so I thought. A few more weeks went by without my neighbor getting anyone with real interest in the car - even after reducing the price twice.
This past Friday, he asked me if I knew anyone who might be interested in it due to my exposure to other MB owners through my detailing business. It was at that point the proverbial "light bulb" went on and for the first time Ithought about becoming an owner. I'll wrap this up by saying I got it for $2900 AND got paid to detail it!

The issues I mentioned above are...
BAS/ASR light. Ordered the brake lamp switch today.
Window regulators on driver and right rear doors. Also ordered them today.
Lamp Defective light. Just read about this one and will attack it tomorrow.
A couple of things I could use a little bit of guidance on are...
LED replacements for interior lighting, specifically the overhead map lights. Anyone done this replacement and if so, which bulbs and where to get them.
Bra for front end. The bumper and painted areas around the headlights are pretty well pock-marked from rock chips, etc and a bra would be a fantastic and inexpensive way of covering that area up. Anyone purchased a bra for the 320?

The car runs like a top and with the help of the knowledgeable people who have posted here in this forum, I'm sure I can keep her running well for as long as I decide to keep the car.

Thanks for reading and offering any advice/assistance.

Coach

Last edited by Coach Steve; 11-17-2013 at 11:06 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 E320 wagon
Welcome and congrats!!
What year is your 320?
Old 12-08-2013, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
It's a '98 Base sedan. Since I got it, I've replaced the driver's door window rgulator (Man, was that fun!!), replaced the brake lamp switch, and last week the idler pulley disintegrated and launched itself into the radiator destroying it and cutting the upper hose off at and including the radiator nipple that inserts into the hose. What a mess! I did all the work myself and saved nearly $2000.00 if I'd taken it to the dealer. Total of parts purchasing them online... $177.00. Runs great now and only have one minor issue to address and that's the "Lamp Defective" notification on the dash. I know the high-mounted brake lamp is out as well as the left front fog light so I'm hoping replacing those will eliminate the message.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
1996 E320, 2018 Ducati Panigale V4S, 2012 1199 Panigale
Welcome to the forum. Not sure about the bra. Most guys I know don't run old school bras.