E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Extremely loud brake squeal on new pads.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 06:35 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
2010 e550 coupe
Extremely loud brake squeal on new pads.

I recently got the pad wear light on my car so i decided to change the pads myself. Ordered four bosch quietcast breaks installed them and i am able to come to one full stop before i get a loud squeal each time i apply the brakes fully. This is similar to the noise brakes make when there's basically no pad left not any typical brake noise that fades over time or happens occasionally. It is constant and extremely loud. Does anyone know what the issue could be? Also the rotors are fine.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 e430 4matic
Have you looked at the surfaces of the rotors? That loud squealing is typical of metal to metal contact. Maybe something is not in right?
Old 06-09-2014, 01:14 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
2010 e550 coupe
Originally Posted by e430_phd
Have you looked at the surfaces of the rotors? That loud squealing is typical of metal to metal contact. Maybe something is not in right?
I've reset them a couple times and the noise it does make sounds exactly like metal to metal contact but I havn't seen anything wrong, the rotors are in good condition. With pads I mean it's pretty much impossible for them to not sit in right and be put back together.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:50 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2012 SLS AMG
Originally Posted by Dnasty
I recently got the pad wear light on my car so i decided to change the pads myself. Ordered four bosch quietcast breaks installed them and i am able to come to one full stop before i get a loud squeal each time i apply the brakes fully. This is similar to the noise brakes make when there's basically no pad left not any typical brake noise that fades over time or happens occasionally. It is constant and extremely loud. Does anyone know what the issue could be? Also the rotors are fine.
Dnasty,

A few things you may want to consider are Brake Pad Anti-Squeal Paste, which is applied to the back of the brake pads prior to installation.

We have the Brake Pad Anti-Squeal Paste available on our site HERE, or by clicking on the photo of the packet below.

Another common issue that will cause brake pad squeal is failure to replace the Rear Brake Pad Shims. Brake pad shims are used to prevent brake squeal from the rear brakes on your E-Class. We have the Rear Brake Pad Shims for your car available on our site HERE.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please feel free to post or send a PM!