E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Question about pre facelift & facelift frontdoors.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210 '02
Question about pre facelift & facelift frontdoors.

Hey everybody, unfortunately a while ago I got in an accident with my beautiful W210, the car rammed me from the left and left the car with huge dents on the front door and the fender the insurance guy declared the car total loss and I won't do that to the car, there is no problem with the car, the door and the fender need to be replaced and painted that's all.

So I'm now searching for a door and a fender, I got a fender but I'm thinking that it isn't a real piece, is there any way of confirming that it is an original Mercedes fender?

And my second question is about the door, is there any difference between the door of a pre facelift W210 and a facelift W210 if there are, how can I see this?

My car is from the beginning of 2002 so it's a facelift model and I'm worried that if I'll get an pre facelift model door that the leather interior or the mechanics in the window won't fit on the door, or am I just paranoid?

I'm going to buy the door trim seperatly from Mercedes, the door handle and the mirror will be used from the door that is on the car at the moment.

Is there any difference internally, the airbags, the windows mechanism, speakers and such. Also I'm going to put the interior piece over, so the leather plus the wood trim and the little speaker in the corner of the door are coming off the car and going to be put on the replacement door, will that fit if it is pre facelift.

Thanks in advance.

YD61
Old 06-14-2014, 02:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 165 Likes on 150 Posts
99 E320
you can log into MBUSA's Electronic Parts Catalog and find out after plugging in your VIN#.
The cost should be zero if you're in North America.

you can check your local library to see if they have a copy of the Hollender Interchange
Manual and look it up in about 5 mins.

you can go to your local library to see if they're willing to contact another library which has
this book to check the information for you.

you can check with your dealer to see if they're willing to look this up for you

you can see if local Goodwill has Hollender.....or buy one off Ebay

you can check with you local wrecking yard to see if they have the Hollander manual and
look this up for you

i have a 1999 e320. i bought door panels from 02 and they fitted perfectly