E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Learnt something about my father's Benz today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2003, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
N/A
Learnt something about my father's Benz today

My father owns a 2001 E240. Since my parents are out of the country for a day, I went out with it to "play" with it for a while.

Don't worry, it's 11:30 PM here and I chose a road with no cars on it. Okay, so I floor the car and it shifts each gear exactly at redline. Then, just to see what would happen, I selected 3rd gear and floored it. At about 5500 RPM I selected 2nd gear, but it wouldn't shift. This was expected because it would over-rev. Then in the selected 3rd gear I floored it but something happened. The RPMs went right into the red zone!

I thought it wouldn't let you do that?
Old 12-24-2003, 02:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
Cool....but I hope neither your pop, nor anyone he knows scopes out these forums.

You could get
Old 12-24-2003, 02:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Note to self: Never let my kid drive my Benz....
Old 12-24-2003, 03:32 PM

N/A
LOL!

Comon, I wasn't driving like a crazy *** dude or something!

By the way, I took the car out again and selected 2nd gear and floored it. This time I watched the RPMs and they went into the red zone to about 6300 RPM (redline starts at 6000 RPM) then the rev-limiter kicked in.
Old 12-24-2003, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E300
Originally posted by Kain
LOL!

Comon, I wasn't driving like a crazy *** dude or something!

By the way, I took the car out again and selected 2nd gear and floored it. This time I watched the RPMs and they went into the red zone to about 6300 RPM (redline starts at 6000 RPM) then the rev-limiter kicked in.
You are smart!
Old 12-24-2003, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Your parents should learn not to leave keys around avaiable to you. In fact, they should also learn not to leave you unsupervised. You cannot be trusted
Old 12-24-2003, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E300
Originally posted by michakaveli
You are smart!
Let me re-phrase.... Smart-Challenged
Old 12-25-2003, 12:12 AM

N/A
Damn, you people sound as if I went on a road rampage or something.

Are you telling that NONE of you floor your car?
Old 12-25-2003, 02:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A bucket on wheels
kain go suck on a passifire or something. they can floor THERE car whenever they feel like it cuz they OWN it its not daddies car that he left in the garage hoping it will be safe unbeknownst (sp?) to him that his idiotis son is abusing it. If you feel as if you did nothing wrong then have him come and read what you wrote and explain to him exactely what you did to his car. If you feel that what you did is justified then guess what? you will have the guts to tell your dad otherwise you know you did something wrong and ur a a lil bitcch for doing it.
Old 12-25-2003, 02:24 AM

Originally posted by FIXEDupW209
kain go suck on a passifire or something. they can floor THERE car whenever they feel like it cuz they OWN it its not daddies car that he left in the garage hoping it will be safe unbeknownst (sp?) to him that his idiotis son is abusing it. If you feel as if you did nothing wrong then have him come and read what you wrote and explain to him exactely what you did to his car. If you feel that what you did is justified then guess what? you will have the guts to tell your dad otherwise you know you did something wrong and ur a a lil bitcch for doing it.
Thanks for a good laugh, that was some funny sh*t!!!
Old 12-25-2003, 02:49 AM

N/A
Originally posted by FIXEDupW209
Go back to high school man. It's THEIR not THERE. LOL.
Old 12-25-2003, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E300
SHUT UP KAIN SHUUTTTTTTTTT UUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

You just got OWNED! hahaha
Old 12-25-2003, 08:36 PM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Question

Originally posted by Kain
Damn, you people sound as if I went on a road rampage or something.

Are you telling that NONE of you floor your car?

*floor your car* - I like that...it has a sort of ghetto classiness in the way it sounds.

I don't believe any of *us* drive our cars in extreme ways un-necessarily. Rather unfortunate that you found the keys, really.

There's something about "my parents are out of the country" and "I took the car out again and selected 2nd gear and floored it" which leads me to feel more sympathetic towards the car, rather than to your parents.
Old 12-25-2003, 11:15 PM

1997 E420
I don't see a problem with flooring your car and keeping it in the same gear selector range. But flooring a car and downshifting, trying to get it to screw up is absolutely stupid. The relationship you have with your father may make that acceptable but I found one of my kids had done that, there would be a one-sided discussion between my foot and their ***.

Kain, this is not meant to be a negative comment toward you. I'm not sure what your father does for a living, but he probably works pretty hard for you and your family and you should respect his posessions. If you dad is a jack-leg that deserves dis=respect, then have at it, but think about what you are doing.
Old 12-26-2003, 04:02 AM

"but I found one of my kids had done that, there would be a one-sided discussion between my foot and their ***. "

haha, that's what I was going to say. If my kid took my car and did that I'd be pissed.
Old 12-26-2003, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 E55 AMG
It`s normal for Mercedes-Benz engines to go past the redline. I`m not sure of the 2000+ models though. Hey kain, I thoughy you said your dad had an E320?
Old 12-26-2003, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 E55 AMG
Originally posted by gstigler
I don't see a problem with flooring your car and keeping it in the same gear selector range. But flooring a car and downshifting, trying to get it to screw up is absolutely stupid. The relationship you have with your father may make that acceptable but I found one of my kids had done that, there would be a one-sided discussion between my foot and their ***.

Kain, this is not meant to be a negative comment toward you. I'm not sure what your father does for a living, but he probably works pretty hard for you and your family and you should respect his posessions. If you dad is a jack-leg that deserves dis=respect, then have at it, but think about what you are doing.
Very, very true I have to say (for the second part). My dad works hard but lets me drive very nice cars. He just wants his children to do well later on in their lives. Don`t you guys agree?
Old 12-27-2003, 02:27 PM
Almost a Member!

W210
What happens when you shift to Park at redline in 3rd? How about letting us know what speed redline is in reverse, then throw it into first gear? My 3 year old son told his 1 year old brother to climb in the toilet and he did!, so don't let us down!

Wait till the transmission comes apart or the motor throws a rod, that's when you get really creative. Explain to mommy and daddy how a prison escapee on death row, overpowered 4 guards with machine guns, stole the car and imagined he was Michael Schumacher, shifting the family sedan, like a F1 racer in Monte Carlo.

"Stupid is as stupid does", Forrest Gump would be proud.

Youth is wasted on the young...
Old 12-27-2003, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 E55 AMG
Originally posted by affalterbach
What happens when you shift to Park at redline in 3rd? How about letting us know what speed redline is in reverse, then throw it into first gear? My 3 year old son told his 1 year old brother to climb in the toilet and he did!, so don't let us down!

Wait till the transmission comes apart or the motor throws a rod, that's when you get really creative. Explain to mommy and daddy how a prison escapee on death row, overpowered 4 guards with machine guns, stole the car and imagined he was Michael Schumacher, shifting the family sedan, like a F1 racer in Monte Carlo.

"Stupid is as stupid does", Forrest Gump would be proud.

Youth is wasted on the young...
Yeah, just wreck the car. Hey affalterbach, what happened when you found your son in the toilet?
Old 12-27-2003, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
98 W210 Advantgarde
LOL! He tried to flush the toilet! Hope the toilet was clean......

Poor kid, he's probably never gonna post again....
Old 12-27-2003, 05:47 PM
Almost a Member!

W210
what happened when you found your son in the toilet?
He also had shaving cream on his head. The crazy part is that he was having fun - kinda like destroying dad's car. Thank god neither of them can drive yet...
Old 12-27-2003, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 E55 AMG
LOL! Kids can get pretty crazy when they`re young! Hey, he didn`t know better anyways. I remember my little brothers.