E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Powder Coat your wheels. Money well spent

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210 wagon
Powder Coat your wheels. Money well spent

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your comments regarding my w210 sedan (keep or junk) discussion. Thread title “Seeking your guidance - two W210 cars”. Please keep your comments coming.

Since my sedan was out of commission, I had the luxury of having the wheels off the car and powder coated to possibly live on fitted to my black w210 wagon if I ditch my sedan.

Powder Coating exceeded my expectations and really gave a car a fresh, bright appearance. I took it a step further just to be a little different and had the small lip machine finished.

I bargained with the shop and they fortunately agreed to $400 cash for all four wheels versus $150 per wheel.

The only regret I have is not doing this sooner. With the W210 soft brake pads and excessive dust it’s so much easier to keep the wheels clean and they are much brighter than a painted finish. Take the plunge. You will not regret it

Powder Coated last year (no machine finished lip) and a bit dusty but still better and brighter than factory.

Powder Coated with a machine finished lip