E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Howdy, I'm new.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
currently driving 1983 300SD W126, my static display is a 1999 W210 E320 4Matic wagon,
Howdy, I'm new.....

Howdy Folks, I am new to forums, very new (I find them a bit overwhelming) and I have a black 1999 E320 Station Wagon 4 Matic. I came to own this vehicle due to 'undercarriage damage' and the previous owner no longer could store this project. I had harvested two different rear subframes (first was lost due to financial limitations) for this vehicle and five of the six arms that support the right rear wheel purchased the parts and provided them to the previous owner with the offer to install said parts when this vehicle became mine due t lack of storage. I already had two Benz's a 1974 230 automatic and a 1976 300D from which I planned to build one utility car. Upon 'ownership' of the station wagon, I restrained myself and did not put plates on it until I had resolved the undercarriage damage, cleaned all four wheel sensors and looked at what was going on under this beauty. Truly a 'who's on first' endeavor... I recognized the sphere's (Self Leveling Suspension [SLS] in the rear from an old Citroen DS21 DX I had years ago, but wait there's more..... This is the most wonderful vehicle I have ever driven. Driving this vehicle (Sadie) is truly habit-forming...... I have enjoyed a year of driving 'Sadie'.
Old 06-07-2019, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
currently driving 1983 300SD W126, my static display is a 1999 W210 E320 4Matic wagon,
I am not sure why there is an AutohausAZ ad for a Genuine Mercedes 0195455632 Signal.... electronic module that pops up after my current post however I believe the forum is telling me that I need that part. How does this work, is this more Benz magic? Similar to the way riding in my wagon listening to the best stereo I have ever owned, anywhere, works, Benz Magic! I know magic when I feel it, you seldom see magic..... My Station Wagon has turned into Driveway Art, a static display of automotive excellence. My vehicle no longer acknowledges then I put my key into the ignition. My problems started six weeks ago when I pushed the lock button before I closed the driver's door, something felt wrong. Then my front windows would not operate, and later I found out my front seats would no longer operate. I had read in the operators manual about power windows, now I have read my operator's manual as thoroughly as possible three times and referred multiple times to that nugget of information, that I would need to keep the electronic key in the steering lock in position zero when replacing the battery (located under the rear seat). I missed this tidbit of knowledge until the fourth time I read this section (at least). I had not been performing that step. I was removing the battery ground cable at the battery terminal waiting about thirty minutes and reattaching the battery cable,( wow that is one major arc when you hook up the power! ) to wake up the front windows and seats, some times I could even get the front drivers seat to go forward and back, not just forward and forward. To get the seat to go back I had to push the 'seat memory #3' button and hold it then I could get the seat to move back. blah blah blah... When I push the lock or unlock button on my electronic key the red light blinks, I replaced that battery last December, sticky note in said manual. Have I killed some or all of the electronic modules that live in my E320 and can I access information WIS to obtain wiring diagrams and reference information on how to resolve this problem. Please help
Old 06-08-2019, 12:15 AM
Super Moderator

Received 712 Likes on 693 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to W210 forum...