E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Using Oil Cleaner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 W204 C300 4Matic Sport (Facelift)
Using Oil Cleaner

Hello,
Just looking for any advice anyone can give. I went to the local monroe muffler and they told me they could change the oil using Valvoline synthetic oil. First, I am not sure if this would be as good as Mobil 1.

More importantly, I asked the service person if they would do an oil flush. He said they would put some type of cleaner in my oil and that I drive for one day before the Oil Change and when the oil is changed the cleaner would pretty much take care of any oil residue.

What does everyone think? Is this Oil cleaner recommended or harmful to the engine?
Thanks,
Hish
Old 07-30-2004, 01:33 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
W204 C300 2010
Go here for oil info:

http://www.whnet.com/4x4/oil.html

This website has been posted many times before.

Notice that FSS vehicles need the oil to meet ACEA = A3/B3/B4

Not all Mobile 1 oils meet the ACEA rating above, different grades of oil are rated differently. For instance, the Mobil 1 10W-30 (blue cap) does not meet the requirements for a FSS car. As for Valvoline synthetic, I switch off between the Mobil 1 and Valvoline synthetic that meet the ACEA parameters. From memory, I can't remember which oil weight I use for the Valvoline.

As for the motor flush, I would probably steer away from this type that allows you to drive around with the cleaner in the motor. If you car has always used the recommended synthetic oil, the flush is probably not necessary. As for internal damage, this is probably subjective, but if you adding any other element into the oil that does not have lubricating properties, then you are taking away something from the oil itself. How much, how long, who knows. Better to be safe than sorry.