E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Cup Holder and Leather Cleaning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2002 | 11:21 AM

ML
Cup Holder and Leather Cleaning

'01E430: Anyone know how to clean the cup holder on the E. I assume there must be something that can be sprayed in there - and I hope the residue flows somewhere - or does the entire assembly have to be taken apart??? Mine's getting tiny bits of "stuff" falling in there and it'll need cleaning soon

I have the MB leather care thing and have used it once. Problem is that the white cleaner gets into the perforated portions of the seats and don't disappear for a long time - and I (mostly my darling wife!!!) have to sit on it for all that time. Any tips on cleaning the seats w/o maknig a mess?

Lastly, where can I purchase the MB windshield washer fluid. I like it better than the regular blue liquid.
Old 05-10-2002 | 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Re the cup holder, try vacuuming out and then take a soft cloth soaked with windex and wipe everything you can reach. Re the leather, after applying try wiping with a damp cloth befoe it dries. Re the wiper fluid, try your MB dealer
Old 05-11-2002 | 06:13 PM

98 E430
Yeah, I myself like to find out how to take this thing apart. I have so much stuff spilled in there....
Old 06-29-2010 | 01:29 PM

ML350 2010 AWD
to remove the cup holder assembly:
1. open the cup holder lid - as usual as you would do
2. do not pop out the holder, if it poped out, close it.
3. put your index finger in the hole on the back-side wall of the cup holder assembly (look at the picture below - the oval hole)
4. pull it up, out.
5. To put it back, be sure the assembly is closed (not poped out)
6. put it in the cup holder spot
7. align the back part parallel to the wall
8. push it down

Also......

I may have happen to some of you that the cup holder arms are broken. If it is broken only because the arms are disconnected, and you have the spring - and there is no sign of plastic broken (no sharp, light dark edges), you can but the arms and spring back and the cup holder will work like the 1st day. It happened to me. And I fixed it.

If the cup holder doesn't pop out smoothly, after takeing it out and cleaning it, use non-stick lubricants, the same as does for bikes (for example: http://www.oemcycle.com/Item/product/2752/TR/44-0088). The part that needs to be lubricated is a small yellow wheel with teeth and the rail it moves on it.

P.S. As far as I have seen (and cleaned) the same concept of cup holder assembly have been used for S-Class of 2006, though shapes, sizes and functionings are different.