E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Bosh Speaker replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2021, 11:01 PM

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
2000 C230 - 2001 E430 - 2003 E320 -
Bosh Speaker replacement

2001 E430 with Bosh factory unit. Its my oldest daughters car - and I have been doing all of the maintenance for a few years since we picked it up from a family friend. For Christmas she wanted the speakers fixed so on cyber Monday I picked up a sweet deal from Crutchfield on some infinity's.

The car has not been available until last weekend so went to work. I know there are other speaker threads so I'll keep this short and to the point.

Front Doors. Replaced with Infinity reference REF-6532ex. You use the factory boxes but do use the new cover brackets - the holes line up perfectly. You do have to cut off the small plastic tab at the box bottom (factory speakers have a slit here for alignment). Very easy replacement.
Rear Doors. Replaced with Infinity reference REF-3032cfx. This is mostly a drop in but the mounting tabs don't line up with the holes. I had to cut out the spiderweb on the factory plastic holder so the tweeters on these don't get crushed. Using the foam provided with the speakers it turns in to an easy replace and the speaker is held into the box by pressure from that plastic holder you cut the middle out of. Really only add a short time once I figured it out.
Rear Deck. Replaced with Infinity reference REF-6532ex (just like the front doors). Other than the deck being a sort of a pain to get to (use the WIS - its not that bad) the speakers are a direct drop in replacement.

I did not have to rewire anything, it was all direct connect replacement. The door panel grills cover the new speakers so it all looks stock.

I did not replace the upper front door tweeters nor the two dash midranges. Both of the midranges need to be replaced but I need to figure out what to put in there - they are either 2" or 2.5", not sure at this point. That will be a future project.

Sounds great now. Discovered that her passenger rear window lift was broken so ordered a Dorman replacement and will replace that once it arrives. Also saw that the dash had some burned out LCD pixels so sent that off to get repaired - there is a guy on eBay that has a store that rebuilds the instrument panel for decent cost and have used him before - that should come back in a few days.
Old 03-03-2021, 11:21 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
320e
Could I inquire the ebay repair shop you refer to in your post? Can they put lights in the air control unit?
Thanks
Old 03-03-2021, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 172 Likes on 156 Posts
99 E320
I'm unfamiliar with OEM Bosh sound system. Can you post a photo of yours? thank you!
Old 03-04-2021, 01:48 AM

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
2000 C230 - 2001 E430 - 2003 E320 -
The instrument panel repair service is:

https://www.ebay.com/str/odopro

I used them for a 2000 C230K - great results. I just used them for the 2001 E430 - it should be back from them in the next day or two. I also just purchased cluster repair for 2004 GMC Yukon and will ship it to them soon - there they actually replace all the stepper motors also.

I have no idea if they do the lights on AC - but I would think that would be an easy DYI but I have not tried it.

Main reason I am using them is they seem to have access to the LCD modules and they replace them completely with now ones Here is some pics for the 2000 C230K
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...no-issues.html