E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

A few mods.........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 03:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
A few mods.........

alright, it's been a while since i've posted in here, been tied up but anyways heres my new but old mods, i've had it for a month or so but havn't had the chance to snap some better photo's--- if all goes well i shall take some nice pics this sunday with some girl before my car goes under the knife for it's final face lift....
Attached Thumbnails A few mods.........-cimg0146.jpg   A few mods.........-cimg0149.jpg   A few mods.........-roof.jpg  
Old 09-03-2004, 06:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes W210 E280
yo alex..long time no see...

like the black roof top..looks like a w211 moonroof..really looks sweet with the all white car..

can't wait for the nicer pics with the girl...
Old 09-03-2004, 09:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E300
Ilike that black roof. Very creative and different.

Next you gotta get the police star on the doors that reads California Highway Patrol :-)

Just kidding... Looks Good!
Old 09-03-2004, 11:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E320
Alex that roof looks tight. it does look 211 moon roof.

Undecided on the hood vents need to see pic of whole front end
Under the knife huh! cant wait to see the new look! Might we be seeing some F1 fenders?
Old 09-03-2004, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
haha, thanks for the response guys, it was a big move to do it, i didn't know how'd it come out but it came out clean just like the w211 panramic roof....the vent looks nice when you see the whole hood.......hopefully over labor day weekend i'll get some pics, doesn't seem like i'm going out of town so i need time to relax..........

as to tghe project, a couple people know whats going on but it's on the low for now..... let's just say it'll look different........

michakaveli--- i would joke around about getting a K9 decal on the rear doors, but it's pretty tight, no one's not liked it so far...

carlsson9-- yeah man, long time no talk, hopefully this chic will do the shoot , we'll see
Old 09-03-2004, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W210, W220, W163, W164, C6
Once again young Alex delivers the "goods". Two thumbs wayyyyy up buddy!!!

I agree with the "malaysian pimp"...can't wait for the nicer pics with the girl...
Old 09-04-2004, 02:58 AM

99' E320
Cool

that's a great-lookin' roof !!! love that
Old 09-04-2004, 06:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
98 W210 Advantgarde
That black roof is just fugly.......just kidding dude , nice paint job
Old 09-04-2004, 12:16 PM

2005 E320 CDI
Roof looks O.K. But I liked your car better all white. The reason I'm not thrilled about that look on your car is because it's kind of like those kids who paint their hood black to imitate a carbon fiber hood. Don't get me wrong, you car is still nice...personally it's not a mod I would have done on my car.

Some people are O.K. with "imitations". Others don't even want to stray away from OEM. It's a personal choice. As long as you're happy, who cares what others think.

The wheels on my car is not OEM, nor are they "brand name" wheels....so I'm not blasting people with knock-offs. (I had to add this in to prevent any flaming)
Old 09-04-2004, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 R350. '05 C230. '93 454SS Truck. '71 Chevelle SS.
At first shot, I thought you had actually spliced in the panoramic roof, Alex! Damn bro...keep the mods coming. It's your car so if it works for you let the haters hate!!! I too await more pics...
Old 09-04-2004, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,069 Likes on 857 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
I think you should have painted the whole car black but than again I don't like white. What's the point on doing the roof? The hood vents look ok.
Old 09-04-2004, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
some mods aren't going to please everyone and i know that but i like to stand different from the rest of the crowd... why should i have the same car as the next person on the road.... it is simliar to the panoramic roof, thats the look i was going for and it came out great.....

What's the point on doing the roof?

Well whats the point of having rims or a car system or any aftermarket mod???like i said it was a move that i was worried about and it came out nice and you can see, about 80% of the people like it, not going to please everyone..........
Old 09-05-2004, 02:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I can understand the rims but painting the top to make it look more like a 211 is like a putting E55 emblems on an E320. To each their own!
Old 09-05-2004, 02:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
Dude, its being creative, if you dont like it, then dont, no one is forcing you, but dont criticize it... his roof is nothing like an AMG badge, its never been done before, creative things like this really get and grab my attention, and then end product will simply be amazing. Alex good luck with the surgery on the E and please keep us all updated on her progress. By the way, the roof looks stunning and I applaud you, YOU GOT ***** MANG!
Old 09-05-2004, 02:37 PM

2005 E320 CDI
Blown V8 I think you're missing the whole point. Alex's mods reflects his creativeness. It's like geting a tatoo or piercing...some people will get one, others won't.

As I said in my orginal post, some people (like my dad) won't ever stray away from stock OEM. Some will do slight mods ie. rims, tint, lower. And there are still others who will go to the extreme. It's a personal choice/style.

You used rims as an example in your post. There are many Mercedes with multiple spoke wheels. I think they look O.K., but I personally would only put the AMG Monoblock II [& all variations/styles of it made by Lorensors (sp?) and Carlssons] on my Mercedes. Same goes with tint...some like black, some like silver, others don't like tint at all.

Alex even though I'm not as thrilled about your roof as others are, I still think your car is tight. I applaud your individuality. Keep the mods/pics coming.
Old 09-05-2004, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
thanks guys, in a nut shell this car will soon hit the show scene so for those reasons, i'm going extreme.... today i was going to take some pics of my car with the chick but shes away for labor day but she did promise some pics when she gets back, i might go out and take some today though.....i've had offers to take pics with other girls but i'm too lazy and don't have the photo skills needed, i'm trying to learn though but i need a better camera....

anyways, everyone have a safe labor day weekend and thanks for the feedback...
Old 09-05-2004, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You used rims as an example in your post. There are many Mercedes with multiple spoke wheels. I think they look O.K., but I personally would only put the AMG Monoblock II [& all variations/styles of it made by Lorensors (sp?) and Carlssons] on my Mercedes. Same goes with tint...some like black, some like silver, others don't like tint at all.
I agree.

Dude, its being creative, if you dont like it, then dont, no one is forcing you, but dont criticize it...
I don't think my words were harsh! However, when you put pictures of a mod in an open forum you open yourself to both positive and negative opinions. No one is forcing you to read my posts. I didn't say it looks like crap; rather, I just inferred that it wasn't my taste and I thought it looked better before. I did like the painted hood vents though. The top, IMHO, is just an attempt to make it look more like a 211 with a pano roof. Now, actually do a 211 pano roof on a 210.......now, that would be a mod!

I'm all for doing mods but it's a fine line between making your car look better or making it look worse. Some body kits, wheels, and mods I see are amazing and some other are pure crap. Some how, no matter how bad something looks, there will always be someone who thinks it looks good. Different strokes for different folks.
Old 09-05-2004, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
If you put an E55 badge on an E320, then I agree, shame on you. Rebadging is the worst in car custom. There's nothing creative when it comes to rebadging.

However, if you manage to put on features/options of higher model on lesser one, I see nothing wrong with it. What's wrong with having projector headlight (like one on W211) on W210 ? What's wrong w/ putting AMG 18" on W210 ? And obviously, what's wrong w/ painting the roof to make it look like panaromic ? One should be applauded for creativeness.

Let me put it this way: if you live in a getto, but brag to people that you live in a nice ocean-view home, then shame on you. However, if you live in a getto, but like oceanic view so much that you put wate pictures & decorate your place w/ tropical stuff, there's nothing wrong with it.

Originally Posted by BlownV8
I can understand the rims but painting the top to make it look more like a 211 is like a putting E55 emblems on an E320. To each their own!
Old 09-05-2004, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
haha, i understand BlownV8, no offense to what you say.... of course not everyone's going to like it....now to actually do the pano roof would cost lots of $$$$, if you see this in person it looks just like it, it blends in with my sunroof....last thing i just wanted to add, people post pics up to see what people think and i love it when i see lots of pics, it gives me ideas for things to do..... the painting the roof has been done before by others but i havn't seen it on a w210 so lets just say i'm the only one for now..

i'm open to ideas and to opinions, i just don't like people who just say bs out of there *** to put someone down..... if it's not your style or taste then it's alright.. so it's all good
Old 09-05-2004, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W210, W220, W163, W164, C6
Originally Posted by alexbenz
thanks guys, in a nut shell this car will soon hit the show scene so for those reasons, i'm going extreme.... feedback...
In the show circuit it takes a lot of hard work and creative thinking, you have a legion of potential foes, no shame in going insane young Alex...take it to the next level!!!
Old 09-05-2004, 08:56 PM

Mercedes W210 E280
I'm in the line that mixing up the merc with different tuner brands can be ok, but not if its done in an overkill manner.. I think alex took a gamble, and it looks sweet in the end.. kinda lloks like the mini coopers with the customized roofs colours.

now if you want a real ovcerkill, drop by Malaysia and you'll see real rice boy action..on MErcs..:P I've seen a W210 with crazy GT wings, customized bodykits (which looks way f&%cked up) and a hug 4 inch Apexi muffler ,Japanese 3 spoke rims and running lights that'll put Knight Rider's Kit to shame...Now that's an overkill! pity i didn't have a camera at that time..:P
Old 09-06-2004, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It's hard to improve on the looks of the factory E55 or the 210 sports. The car just looks so damn good with the AMG body kit and the AMG rims! A nice set of HRE's like the 211 style AMG's look really nice; in fact, the HRE's look better than the AMG rims. The In-pro lights are another very nice looking addition. Maybe a set of 19" rims with 15" brakes, That'd be cool! A Kleeman or next generation HPS supercharger kit. That'd be cool too! I think the monochromatic look is best on these cars though.
Old 09-06-2004, 12:35 AM

2010 Charcoal Grey E350 Coupe
Let me put it this way: if you live in a ghetto, but brag to people that you live in a nice ocean-view home, then shame on you. However, if you live in a getto, but like oceanic view so much that you put wate pictures & decorate your place w/ tropical stuff, there's nothing wrong with it.
Very well put,Zam,you think the way I do.

Alex,do what works for you,and to Hell with anyone who doesn't like it. You're doing it because YOU like it,and I'm sure,you able to get that feeling of self-accomplishment each time you look at your car. Go for it!!! Believe me ,I asked NO ONE if they liked my car once I was finished with it,but coincidentally,
I've gotten many compliments,so it was a win-win situation,but it has'nt and will never be a project with the goal of receiving applause from others. I like it,and that's more than enough for me.......

Last edited by ruffrob; 09-06-2004 at 12:41 AM.
Old 09-06-2004, 01:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I like it,and that's more than enough for me.......
All that really maters is if you like the mods. That is, unless you are putting it in judged events and then it matters what others think.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
yeah i got a whole lot to do, before it looked nice and clean but this time around i'm goind all out and believe me when i say all out, just can't do it all in 1 setting..... thanks rich, i still havn;t talked to contacts you gave me for the engine work, still don't know what to do, either one of there set-ups or one of my own that i was telling you before.........

carlsson9-- i've seen some crazy jap style benz's and believe me i'm not going into that route, i've seen the fabolous kit on the w210 and it looks ugly!!!

anyways heres a snap shot of today, i was out at a fair in hermosa beach and it took me almost a hour to park so by that time i was too lazy to snap some shoots........
Attached Thumbnails A few mods.........-cimg0151.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A few mods.........