E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

protective film

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
protective film

Anyone out there have any experiences with the clear protective film for the front? 3M, Invicta, ??? Self Installation??
Old 10-05-2004, 04:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W212 & W210
Clear Bras are good.
Would recomend that you use a professional installer cause its a PIA to DIY.
Old 10-05-2004, 05:59 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
97 E420
clear bra

i had XPEL put on my wifes Beetle, and it saved her headlights from rock dings several times. Dealership put it on. I'd like to find xpel film again for the new w210 (autodynamic) lights that I will be putting on this winter, in hopes to preserve the clear plastic as long as possible.
Old 10-05-2004, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
I have Xpel for my headlight (lot of investment in it, don't want to ruin it). So far so good.

Originally Posted by osiris667
i had XPEL put on my wifes Beetle, and it saved her headlights from rock dings several times. Dealership put it on. I'd like to find xpel film again for the new w210 (autodynamic) lights that I will be putting on this winter, in hopes to preserve the clear plastic as long as possible.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:39 AM

2005 C230 SS
anybody put these on themselves? is it easy to apply and does it conform perfectly to the shape of the lens without bubbling?

opinions: 3M or Xpel and where to order these? (i know Classic Motoring sells the 3M ones http://store.yahoo.com/classic-motoring/headsaffil.html)
Old 10-11-2004, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
I had mine installed (from xpel.com), couldn't really tell the difference (really clear), hopefully it'll be able to protect my headlight as guaranteed

I paid $30 for installation, not a simple job as the website show (shop spent more than an hour, they probably underestimate the task), since the headlight is concave.

Originally Posted by Aurora
anybody put these on themselves? is it easy to apply and does it conform perfectly to the shape of the lens without bubbling?

opinions: 3M or Xpel and where to order these? (i know Classic Motoring sells the 3M ones http://store.yahoo.com/classic-motoring/headsaffil.html)
Old 10-11-2004, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Anyone know of a place in California that can put on a custom clear bra to fit my new bodykit? I'm sure that they make clear bras that can fit regular bumpers and such, but I'd need someting custom, and as always, I dont want to break the bank
Old 10-12-2004, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by The Doctor
Anyone know of a place in California that can put on a custom clear bra to fit my new bodykit? I'm sure that they make clear bras that can fit regular bumpers and such, but I'd need someting custom, and as always, I dont want to break the bank
I could hook you up, over my way, but you know it cost $$$ for custom stuff. I got a couple of places that are good. I take you to were the ballers go.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Originally Posted by shanta
I could hook you up, over my way, but you know it cost $$$ for custom stuff. I got a couple of places that are good. I take you to were the ballers go.
Shiet...well, could you kindly inquire about the price for me please?

BTW, I'm driving Victor's C-coupe from TWS, and he got the puddle lights on there. It's freaking pimp. lol. You can also turn them on while you drive. haha I been ricing around town w/ em on at night
Old 10-12-2004, 01:11 AM

Shiet...well, could you kindly inquire about the price for me please?

BTW, I'm driving Victor's C-coupe from TWS, and he got the puddle lights on there. It's freaking pimp. lol. You can also turn them on while you drive. haha I been ricing around town w/ em on at night
Yeah, eventually, I will get mines installed. Kind fo bussy this week at work, but maybe bext week.

I don't need to inquite about the clear bra, it is going to be around the prices I told you before when I inquired for my car. You looking at more then what you are accustomed to spending. Holla at me on chat tomorrow!
Old 10-12-2004, 01:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Originally Posted by shanta
Yeah, eventually, I will get mines installed. Kind fo bussy this week at work, but maybe bext week.

I don't need to inquite about the clear bra, it is going to be around the prices I told you before when I inquired for my car. You looking at more then what you are accustomed to spending. Holla at me on chat tomorrow!
werd my nizzle.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL

Go With the Line X Spray on ...Niiiiiiiiiice Ala Stucco finish!
Its in Your Price range.......
Dont forget to do the Mirrors!

Last edited by MARK CUMMINS; 10-15-2004 at 04:42 PM.