E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Supercharged E320 Wagon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2023, 02:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Supercharged E320 Wagon

Hello everyone! I have successfully supercharged the E320 wagon with the stock M112 engine using the m112k Supercharger! It was surprisingly straight forward and I'm very pleased with the results! I used the stock injectors (will definitely change later) and stock throttle body while replacing the intake manifold with the supercharger. For the SAI I simply used transmission cooler lines with bolt as plugs to cover them. Then for the nipples at the top of the intake snout I just routed a hose from one to another (typically one would be plugged and the other would go to the SAI) The map sensor simply unplgugged from the old sensor into the supercharger's with no worries! I will need to extend the wiring for the throttle body and replace the connector (it's old broken and the wires are a tad tight) For the intake I used 3" silicone and couplers using the stock MAF sensor. I had to cut open the wire bundle to get the MAP sensor and the rear most injector plugged in. Because I'm keeping it 6 rib the more surface area the better, I'm not using the supercharger idler pulley and changed the original e320 idler pully above the water pump to a smaller smooth one (so the belt won't interfere with itself), and if I did use the SC (supercharger) idler the belt would rub against the alternator mounting bolt. For the throttle body I simply flipped it upside down otherwise it would smash against the intake runners (be sure to use the crankcase ventilation hoses and to plug the hole opposite of your vacuum brake line). I opted for a clutchless 78mm pulley, removing the electromagnetic clutch one just so I wouldn't have to deal with it (I sourced mine from v-tech they're very helpful) Because of the different compression ratios (I think m112 is 10.0 and m112k is 9.0?) as well as being a 200k mile motor I didn't want to run as much boost either. You can find more info in my crossfire thread as well (they are much nicer over there and have more info on your M112/M112k engine/drivetrain questions) And yes it is running on the Stock ECU! NO TUNE! (I will use an AEM FIC piggyback type later and tune it myself later down the line) For the cooling I used a the pump recommended by Brabus388 and I'm keeping it separated with it's own reservoir.
Finishing up and battening down the hatches - CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

Old 03-31-2023, 03:35 PM
Banned

Talking Another Video

More posted on the crossfire forum thread

Old 04-29-2023, 03:14 PM
Banned

Finished the interior for the most part

Old 07-06-2023, 02:15 PM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
fleet
wicked man. I had a v6 3.2 and always dreamed of adding the amg supercharger to it as a cool idea
Old 07-09-2024, 06:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1998 e320 4matic
I just purchased my second E320 w210 4matic 1998 for $2500

So where did you find the supercharger for this car? And was it designed for the more recent model e320? I just recently found out about this. I thought that the Mercedes from the 90s didn't really have any mods other than cheap plastic ground effects and such. Simple grill upgrades. Retrofitting facelifts. Headers and upgraded shocks and suspension etc etc. So I'm super stoked to hear about this. So did you retrofit it? How much did it cost? I have so many questions. Thank you for taking the time