E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Need help: which do you prefer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 02:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
98 W210 Advantgarde
Originally Posted by carlsson9
Dave, How do you find the HS801? I just bought it, but it fits pretty weirdly on the ear, and sound quality to the other side seems pretty bad, especially when you point it towards the mouth, and a big fat cheek is blocking the mic!
I got the HS801 free of charge when I got my V600 a while ago. I rarely use it cuz I can't ever get the buttons to do the ritght thing, so I use the Sony one more. The Moto one is a spare. Besides, the Sony one has a longer arm and looks much nicer than the Moto one
Old 10-27-2004, 02:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210, W220, W163, W164, C6
Originally Posted by Whitey
BTW Rich, do you know what kit is on that E55K with 1/16 and AP Racing BBK?
It's got the AMG treatment w/ the company's front spoiler add-on, the gentlemen (pictured) is the vehicle's owner and is also the owner of c o c k pit Totsuka, also he's the very first to have the HPS unit in Japan...I know this cuz Adam of HPS and I have discussed this subject matter.

Last edited by Richard Galing; 10-27-2004 at 02:25 AM.
Old 10-27-2004, 02:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Originally Posted by Richard023
I'm using the HS810 & HS820 with the Motorola V710, I wonder if your HS801 is similar to our HS810 in design features...does it have the extended microphone? The HS820 lacks the mic. boom but is lite-weight and I find to have better range over the HS810 in areas I routinely use it. The integrated kit does have it's plus & minus, not wise to use for "booty calls"
Old technology by comparison (by about 2 months ). Light but not user firendly - I like the flip out arm of your HS810....sure beats having to press two buttons forever to turn on the darn thing but owning 3 headsets is a bit much IMO):

Motorola HS801 -

Sony Ericsson HPH35 much more user friendly, sleeker and more "macho" -
Old 10-27-2004, 02:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
It's got the AMG treatment w/ the company's front spoiler add-on, the gentlemen (pictured) is the vehicle's owner and is also the owner of c o c k pit Totsuka, also he's the very first to have the HPS unit in Japan...I know this cuz Adam of HPS and I have discussed this subject matter.
So that's a c0ckpit21 spoiler? I've seen it on a number of Jap rides but can't say I like it....kinda reminds me of the F.A.B one, only not so nice.....

tosuka is a PIMP rich, u and I gotto pop on over and talk some biz with these guys....and show em how its done properly
Old 10-27-2004, 02:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Old technology by comparison (by about 2 months ). Light but not user firendly - I like the flip out arm of your HS810....sure beats having to press two buttons forever to turn on the darn thing but owning 3 headsets is a bit much IMO):

Motorola HS801 -

Sony Ericsson HPH35 much more user friendly, sleeker and more "macho" -
OK...pictorials Yep, the Ericsson unit looks sleek...is it loaded :p
Old 10-27-2004, 02:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
dave, better late then never to add my advice........first off some like to say what they want, in the end you do what you want, but gather up info for yourself........

Quotes like this "Black rims look as pathetic as tint headlight or black painted tailight. It's beyond ugly.

Put it this way: you may turn some head, but more because people see it as freak show, not beauty" make me laugh......not to be rude in any way but your the kind that sports the brabus or same old style that every other person has...what you like is what you like basically.....others don;t see it the way you do.........anyways i don't want to high jack another thread but dave don't do it, you would need to do more things like my car to add a theme.......stick to the bling, another choice you can go with is a light gunmetel color???

black wheels look good on any color but it's what the rest of the car has to offer, but you can;t go wrong with black on black.....
Old 10-27-2004, 02:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 154 Posts
99 E320
I agree, alexbenz!
Old 10-27-2004, 02:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So that's a c0ckpit21 spoiler? I've seen it on a number of Jap rides but can't say I like it....kinda reminds me of the F.A.B one, only not so nice.....

tosuka is a PIMP rich, u and I gotto pop on over and talk some biz with these guys....and show em how its done properly
Yeah, I've seen other Jap vendors selling similar unit if not that actual one; Hogasawa, Reckless...I'm not feelin the look either, but then again not many add-ons available for the 00-02 W210 AMG sport.

Tru-dat buddy, but first thing first...you gots to brush up on your Japanese, cuz my 3 years of Spanish will leave them clueless :p
Old 10-27-2004, 02:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Alex, I agree, a little decal actually made a huge difference (got the idea from a colleague who threatened to rename my ride, LOL), check this out :
Attached Thumbnails Need help: which do you prefer?-panda-express.jpg  
Old 10-27-2004, 03:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Alex, I agree, a little decal actually made a huge difference (got the idea from a colleague who threatened to rename my ride, LOL), check this out :
Hope you delivery to my area code, cuz I'm craving for their orange chicken :p
Old 10-27-2004, 03:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Originally Posted by alexbenz
dave, better late then never to add my advice........first off some like to say what they want, in the end you do what you want, but gather up info for yourself........

Quotes like this "Black rims look as pathetic as tint headlight or black painted tailight. It's beyond ugly.

Put it this way: you may turn some head, but more because people see it as freak show, not beauty" make me laugh......not to be rude in any way but your the kind that sports the brabus or same old style that every other person has...what you like is what you like basically.....others don;t see it the way you do.........anyways i don't want to high jack another thread but dave don't do it, you would need to do more things like my car to add a theme.......stick to the bling, another choice you can go with is a light gunmetel color???

black wheels look good on any color but it's what the rest of the car has to offer, but you can;t go wrong with black on black.....
Don't take it too personally Alex. I don't think Zam meant it quite the way it came out. As we all should know, he has very strong opinions, which he's fully entitiled to obviously, but sometimes it comes across as being offensive to some. At the end of the day, he's just expressing his opinion, in a very expressive way...more so than some others.....
Old 10-27-2004, 03:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
lololololololololololololo, damn i'm hungry now..........thanks dave........
Old 10-27-2004, 03:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Hope you delivery to my area code, cuz I'm craving for their orange chicken :p
Sorry, at least 12 hours lead time to get to where you are......
Old 10-27-2004, 03:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You bring good points Alex!

However, "you can't go wrong with black and black" Hummmmm...I read this interesting article that european tuning mags that are featuring black cars on the cover traditionally doesn't sell many magazines...so us black car guys get the short end of the stick when it comes time to feature are modded cars I'm hoping "carbon fiber monthly magazine" will cut me a break :p
Old 10-27-2004, 03:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
You bring good points Alex!

However, "you can't go wrong with black and black" Hummmmm...I read this interesting article that european tuning mags that are featuring black cars on the cover traditionally doesn't sell many magazines...so us black car guys get the short end of the stick when it comes time to feature are modded cars I'm hoping "carbon fiber monthly magazine" will cut me a break :p
That's bizarre - speak to anyone, and 9/10 will prefer a black (or at least a dark colored one) car in terms of "coolness". As for magazines, perhaps its cuz black cars are difficult to get a good pic of - most blk car pix turn out to be a blob!

The Jap mags do a good job by making sure the pics of black cars are taken in the right lighting environment - most of the time there's lots of shine and reflections to bring out the contours. Perhaps that's reason why the AC car seemed blue/purple in the pics.....the pics were enhanced to make the contours stand out...Similarly, white cars can also turn out to be a white blob if the lighting is too bright. So the japs take pix under lighting conditions that is slightly toned (incandecent lights, surise/sundown, overcast day etc) and make sure the cars are all polished up.

But in real life, I think a sharp contrast in colors brings out the best of designs...such as the newer AMG kits with the large meshes, hence a white one oneday....
Old 10-27-2004, 03:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
LOL, yea, i read that in euro turner, but then when something blows up you have the bottom feeders getting into the mix..........some guys throws it on a honda and a huge wing and thats that...............

don't get me wrong, black wheels take the look out of the wheel but i liked it and went for it...theres a w220 here in my area, lorinser kit, droped on 20's lorinser black wheels, limo tint, spoliers on the roof and trunk and black brembo bbk and even the chrome along the car is blacked out, only thing is a polished lip.............

it looks sweet
Old 10-27-2004, 08:17 AM

Mercedes W210 E280
OK...pictorials Yep, the Ericsson unit looks sleek...is it loaded :p
Whoops..mines like Richards...with the open boom and all.. I was using the Jabra before with my Z600, but the Sony Ericsson's are lousy phones..had heaps of problems..when the Razr V3 came out, looked like a lousy excuse to get a better phone.. hehee..

But not so happy the Moto Bluetooth..:/ only think kewl is the on and off boom mic which i find excellent, and the size of it..
Old 10-27-2004, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Tru-dat buddy, but first thing first...you gots to brush up on your Japanese, cuz my 3 years of Spanish will leave them clueless :p
I'd better start concentrating when I watch Jap ****...., hell, all I can understand right now are the ooooo's, mmm's and ahhh's !!!!!!!
Old 10-27-2004, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'd better start concentrating when I watch Jap ****...., hell, all I can understand right now are the ooooo's, mmm's and ahhh's !!!!!!!
LMAO....Dood, those Jap ****'s are a "tripp" But, the bushy carpet danggggg...just isn't my game :p
Old 10-27-2004, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whoops..mines like Richards...with the open boom and all.. I was using the Jabra before with my Z600, but the Sony Ericsson's are lousy phones..had heaps of problems..when the Razr V3 came out, looked like a lousy excuse to get a better phone.. hehee..

But not so happy the Moto Bluetooth..:/ only think kewl is the on and off boom mic which i find excellent, and the size of it..
Karlson,

Haven't seen the RAZR V3 as of yet in the US market, looks interesting tho, have you tested it's features...is it worth the MULAAAA!!!!
Old 10-28-2004, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
I've never been too impressed with the Moto's but thought I'd give the V600 a chance when it came out since it was the first to have a quad band (useful for a frequent flyer like me).....had the phone for less than one month before the camera malfunctioned (software problem I was told). Out of the three main brands - Nokia, Motorola and Erisson that I've tried, I've had the most trouble free and user-friendly experience with Nokia. My next one will definitely be a Nokia, whatever the next model will be. Granted that the Razor is a smart looking phone with every function under the sun, I don't think I'll bother with Motorola again.

Bushy carpet Rich????
Old 10-28-2004, 06:08 PM

Mercedes W210 E280
Rich, Dave..

It is KINDA worth the Mulaaaa!!! as you put it, but I wuold think they could have sorted out certain quirks..but still its way better then my Z600...thinner, cooler, wow factor is there, mp3 ringer, full duplex sound, first class bluetooth and quad band...etc etc. Plus i wanted a clam shell phone, and it was the thinnest around..so far, its been a sold out over here..can't seem to get it for a while..bought it on the first day at 9.30pm ! lol

I've tried all types of phone (Sony, Ericsson, Nokia, Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson and now the moto) and I'll definitely go back to the Nokia when they come out with some less bulky and cooler.. :p
Old 10-30-2004, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Rich, Dave..

It is KINDA worth the Mulaaaa!!! as you put it, but I wuold think they could have sorted out certain quirks..but still its way better then my Z600...thinner, cooler, wow factor is there, mp3 ringer, full duplex sound, first class bluetooth and quad band...etc etc. Plus i wanted a clam shell phone, and it was the thinnest around..so far, its been a sold out over here..can't seem to get it for a while..bought it on the first day at 9.30pm ! lol

I've tried all types of phone (Sony, Ericsson, Nokia, Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson and now the moto) and I'll definitely go back to the Nokia when they come out with some less bulky and cooler.. :p
Well at least its good to see they've finally got the dail (green) and on/off (red) buttons on the same side as everyone else but a 300K pixels camera is already unacceptable IMO....BTW, when did this thread become a phone thread, lol :