E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

1996 e 320 remote start !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2023, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1997 e 320
1996 e 320 remote start !!

Need help looking for a remote start . Only site I found the kit was too new for my car. Does anyone know were I could get one . Or anyone have it sucessfully Inatalled .
Old 08-31-2023, 04:33 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2000 E320
By asking this question, I'll take it as you're not an expert regarding car/automobile electrical. Are you planning to install it yourself? You going to buy the kit and have it install professionally? Either way, don't mess with MB electrical. I been around to do both motorcycle and older American V-8, some ricer as well but our MB is whole different beast. Unless you understand their electrical very good, take it to professional and have them do it.

It may look good on whatever brand you go with (instruction and wiring diagram-wise), MB signal maybe different from other cars we worked with. Specially when we have our own starter disable and factory alarm (even with domestic car, when you have factory alarm it's a whole new and different ball game).

With that been said, most of the remote start kit I've worked with, mostly with car alarm, wiring is not much different. some have few more wire to deal with, some have less. And ease of their remote. Some are more difficult, some are more easier.
Old 09-03-2023, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1997 e 320
Originally Posted by ilove190evo
By asking this question, I'll take it as you're not an expert regarding car/automobile electrical. Are you planning to install it yourself? You going to buy the kit and have it install professionally? Either way, don't mess with MB electrical. I been around to do both motorcycle and older American V-8, some ricer as well but our MB is whole different beast. Unless you understand their electrical very good, take it to professional and have them do it.

It may look good on whatever brand you go with (instruction and wiring diagram-wise), MB signal maybe different from other cars we worked with. Specially when we have our own starter disable and factory alarm (even with domestic car, when you have factory alarm it's a whole new and different ball game).

With that been said, most of the remote start kit I've worked with, mostly with car alarm, wiring is not much different. some have few more wire to deal with, some have less. And ease of their remote. Some are more difficult, some are more easier.
thank you for your reply . And yes i am quite familiar with mercedes eletric , and eletrical repair . I was looking for the correct way to do it . That is all . Now looking into it i may not want to do it as it may cause problems . I am now looking into a push button start if it avalable.