E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Extended Warranty Question...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 500
Extended Warranty Question...

Has anyone used Warrantydirect.com to purchase their extended warranty? Apparently, they are the only "internet" warranty company where you can buy an extended warranty from if you are a resident of CA. (I have confirmed this with CA Dept of Insurance)

For my 02 CLK 320 w/ 27K, and for 5yr/100k warranty they are asking for $2,300-2,500, with 0 or $100 deductible, respectively. A local MB dealership offered me 5yr/100k for $3,385 w/ $200 deductible

Thanks in advance for your feedback and help!!!

See below for warrantydirect.com details. Let me know what you think.

Their California MBI plan seems pretty good and it is an exclusionary warranty. Please see the details below on the exclusions list:
California MBI coverage statement:

We will pay the licensed repair facility of your choice for the reasonable cost to repair or replace any part of your vehicle where a failure has occurred, except for those items listed in the exclusions section.

Exclusions:

Carburetor; battery; shock absorbers; manual transmission clutch assembly; friction clutch disc and pressure plate; throw out bearing; manual and hydraulic linkages; distributor cap and rotor; safety restraint systems; glass; lenses; sealed beams; light bulbs; brake rotors and drums; exhaust and emission systems; weather strips; trim; moldings; bright metal; chrome; upholstery and carpet; paint; outside ornamentation; bumpers; body sheet metal and panels; tires; wheels/rims; GPS navigation systems; phone systems and TV/video/entertainment systems.

Maintenance services and parts described in your vehicle's owner's manual as supplied by the manufacturer. (i.e. oil changes, tune-ups, brake pads, belts, hoses and spark plugs)