E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

W210 Projectors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
W210 Projectors

ok, i can say i wanted these things badly, i was in search of these projectors before they came out with them, i even wanted to make my own but after having them on my car for a while here's my review....

just installed a set for a 98 w210 yesterday, the rubber around the lights is horrible, weak. the beam is off, one of the lights is brighter then the other and you can barley adjust the lights, you start to adjust a little and the beam line falls back down....LOL, i don't have problems like that with mine, maybe the set i got is defective but none the less i love the look of it but the quality is very bad, something i wouldn't want to sell to people unless they want it. the projector exchange is a must along with the lens and of course adding hid's to it would be lovly....anyone have these problems with the projectors that i wrote about?

if you change out the projector itself would you still be able to adjust the beam?
Old 02-12-2005, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
98 W210 Advantgarde
Wassup Alex? this has already been well documented by "Zam-da-man" and his disciples - is this a lead up to something...c'mon, where's the punch line?stick:
Old 02-12-2005, 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
hey davey, i didn't feel like going back and reading +pages about it and also i wanted to do my own write up on them........not really leading to anything or having any punch lines.......
Old 02-12-2005, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Originally Posted by alexbenz
hey davey, i didn't feel like going back and reading +pages about it and also i wanted to do my own write up on them........not really leading to anything or having any punch lines.......
I knew that ........but I do agree, the stock-out-of-the-box unit is something any responsible vendor should not want to handle unless retro-fits are included - I remember Steve saying he doesn't ever want to have anything to do with these things again.............
Old 02-12-2005, 12:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
i agree with steve, it's a heahache....
Old 02-13-2005, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210, W220, W163, W164, C6
My left projector bezel has fallen and can't get up It's unfortunate I purchased the units overseas, cuz an exchange is unlikely.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Turn out lot of W210 owner find the projector light very attractive. Granted, it really enhance the look of the car, just that the quality is nowhere en par with the look.

Over the last few months, I've had many requests (10+) for help with the projector headlight: fixing shroud problem, Hella lens retroffit, entire projector retrofit, and xenon retrofit. I've helped some w/ the job, and I think most are quite happy with the result. So far, it's all free (hobby), not to mention time & gas money that I spent for meeting some to personally give instruction. One member even conveniently "forgot" to reimburse me for shipping cost of replacement part that I ordered & paid in advance for him. Oh well.

I now am thinking making this as a "fee", instead of free, hobby, at reasonable rate. The only problem is finding a steady source of supply of 90mm Hella lens, or xenon projectors (and ballast & bulb).

What do you guys think ? And what do you think the rate should be ?

Originally Posted by Whitey
Wassup Alex? this has already been well documented by "Zam-da-man" and his disciples - is this a lead up to something...c'mon, where's the punch line?stick:

Last edited by zam2000; 02-13-2005 at 01:33 AM.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Originally Posted by zam2000
One member even conveniently "forgot" to reimburse me for shipping cost of replacement part that I ordered & paid in advance for him. Oh well.
Now that sux severely...who is it? We'll all give him a
Old 02-13-2005, 02:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
i might be able to find out steady source for the ballast and bulbs.....
Old 02-13-2005, 02:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by zam2000
Turn out lot of W210 owner find the projector light very attractive. Granted, it really enhance the look of the car, just that the quality is nowhere en par with the look.

Over the last few months, I've had many requests (10+) for help with the projector headlight: fixing shroud problem, Hella lens retroffit, entire projector retrofit, and xenon retrofit. I've helped some w/ the job, and I think most are quite happy with the result. So far, it's all free (hobby), not to mention time & gas money that I spent for meeting some to personally give instruction. One member even conveniently "forgot" to reimburse me for shipping cost of replacement part that I ordered & paid in advance for him. Oh well.

I now am thinking making this as a "fee", instead of free, hobby, at reasonable rate. The only problem is finding a steady source of supply of 90mm Hella lens, or xenon projectors (and ballast & bulb).

What do you guys think ? And what do you think the rate should be ?
Zam,

I've got no issues compensating you for your time You got my celly, let me know when you get the lenses, I'm ready & able You still busy with the house work?
Old 02-13-2005, 02:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cool With my BNB VIP discount, I should get it for like 85% off...right

Are you going to the March 12th GTG, so I can finally meet your PIMPA$$
Old 02-13-2005, 02:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
What abt projector lenses Alex?
Old 02-13-2005, 02:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Originally Posted by Richard023

Are you going to the March 12th GTG, so I can finally meet your PIMPA$$
OK Rich, another week in Manila, what do u recommend?
Old 02-13-2005, 02:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

OK Rich, another week in Manila, what do u recommend?
Holy sh*t, you going back...you get there more often then I do I've had some nice luck at Eastwood But knowing your taste...you search for the raunchy type, I'm clueless How about bringing your PIMPA$$ to the Mar. 12th GTG, afterhours Alex & I will give you the guided tour, I'm sure Alex knows the SPOTS :p
Old 02-13-2005, 02:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Man, I just hope I don't picked up by she-males again........at the Greenbelt
Old 02-13-2005, 02:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Man, I just hope I don't picked up by she-males again........at the Greenbelt
Bro, stay away from those "lady-boys" their nothing but trouble
Old 02-13-2005, 03:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
LOL, sure and i'll just live in the streets and be homeless---

yes i will be at HIN, mostly likey the ride wil not, time to going by so fast and so the work on the car hasn't gone as planned....all the parts havn't came in yet and been too busy to get to work on it....
Old 02-13-2005, 03:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
What abt projector lenses Alex?
havn't looked into it, i never really cared about it until the install of a customers car the other day.. it really pissed me off cause i always like to view someones elses car as my own and so i put myself in there spot.. it seems like more and more people, weather there young and old are liking the projectors now and in my area no ones seen it so i'd like to make some inprovements...
Old 02-13-2005, 03:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Originally Posted by Richard023
Bro, stay away from those "lady-boys" their nothing but trouble
Exactly, a bit of a turn off in fact but kinda hard to tell until its too late - they're so frigging hot and worst, they won't stay away from me!
Old 02-13-2005, 03:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
havn't looked into it, i never really cared about it until the install of a customers car the other day.. it really pissed me off cause i always like to view someones elses car as my own and so i put myself in there spot.. it seems like more and more people, weather there young and old are liking the projectors now and in my area no ones seen it so i'd like to make some inprovements...
That's the spirit laddy! Supply them as retro-fits and you'll do well...
Old 02-13-2005, 03:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Holy sh*t, you going back...you get there more often then I do I've had some nice luck at Eastwood But knowing your taste...you search for the raunchy type, I'm clueless How about bringing your PIMPA$$ to the Mar. 12th GTG, afterhours Alex & I will give you the guided tour, I'm sure Alex knows the SPOTS
haahh, i love how davey is open about his girls.......i want to take a trip down to visit him once, funny thing i thought he was white before i say his pic, cause he used to take pics of his car with him laying down behind it

but yes i will be the tour guide and rich leave the wife and kids at home cause you'll be home at 6 in the morning, LOL
Old 02-13-2005, 03:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
That's the spirit laddy! Supply them as retro-fits and you'll do well...
yes thats the plan....i love mine but they can be a little bighter, since i have hid fogs it's all good, but my headlights are purple compared to my bluish fogs but once my new front end is done i should be able to match them up....

btw dave my next project should be starting, i might be getting my hands on a 2001 540i.....with my plans that i have it will be a head turner....
Old 02-13-2005, 03:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
haahh, i love how davey is open about his girls.......i want to take a trip down to visit him once, funny thing i thought he was white before i say his pic, cause he used to take pics of his car with him laying down behind it

but yes i will be the tour guide and rich leave the wife and kids at home cause you'll be home at 6 in the morning, LOL
Huh???? What's taking pics laying down behind my car got to do with my color?

I can be open cuz I'm not married and my GF doesn't care about cars...as for Rich, I think he's pushing his luck a bit here.....kids? he got kids?lol
Old 02-13-2005, 03:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
yes thats the plan....i love mine but they can be a little bighter, since i have hid fogs it's all good, but my headlights are purple compared to my bluish fogs but once my new front end is done i should be able to match them up....

btw dave my next project should be starting, i might be getting my hands on a 2001 540i.....with my plans that i have it will be a head turner....
I shall be looking out for 540 ideas. Wass happenin with the 210? u sealed the deal yet?
Old 02-13-2005, 03:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LOL, sure and i'll just live in the streets and be homeless---

yes i will be at HIN, mostly likey the ride wil not, time to going by so fast and so the work on the car hasn't gone as planned....all the parts havn't came in yet and been too busy to get to work on it....
Hahaha...from what I've heard, living homeless in your area is like..living in Brentwood :p

Bro, I'm talking about James's planned GTG at the Rose Bowl & Fuddruckers, stop lagging and get that E-ride on the road already!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: W210 Projectors