E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Weird - AC Heater related to windshield wiper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 04:46 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird - AC Heater related to windshield wiper

I just got my car back from dealer. My car had AC heater problem. Under the AC Heater item in the invoice, they replaced heater motor which is normal and at the same time, they need to replace the windshield wiper motor assembly. Why are they related (AC system and wiper)??

Also during this visit, I asked them to check the oil leak for me even I don't see any evident for oil leak. They found the tranmission fluid leak from electrical connector and they fixed the issue. I think if you bring your car to the service next time, it is worth to ask them to check the oil leak. They may find something interesting.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:24 PM
ATS
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500 / 2001 C240
Originally Posted by lennylam
I just got my car back from dealer. My car had AC heater problem. Under the AC Heater item in the invoice, they replaced heater motor which is normal and at the same time, they need to replace the windshield wiper motor assembly. Why are they related (AC system and wiper)??

Also during this visit, I asked them to check the oil leak for me even I don't see any evident for oil leak. They found the tranmission fluid leak from electrical connector and they fixed the issue. I think if you bring your car to the service next time, it is worth to ask them to check the oil leak. They may find something interesting.
There is heated lines/hoses and housings for the wipers for the fluid. I know on the 2003 and 2004 the whole lines are heated on the 2005 just the line ends are heated.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Lines are heater electrically not with the vehicle heater to the best of my knowledge. Must be that in the course of repairing the heater they either damaged someting or saw a problem and corrected it. Why not ask the dealer??