E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

NBC news 11 pm report on car safety.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 02:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 E500
NBC news 11 pm report on car safety.

Anybody watched it? Former GM executive reveled many (more like all of them) of GM & Ford cars and especially Suvs have weak roofs that resultes in serious injury in roll over crashes. NBC news reported that despite all those problems Ford and GM still refuses to make change to make their cars/trucks safer. They showed letters from GM and Ford saying "our cars meets all federal safety standards", right...that's like saying the sun will rise tomorrow.

Well, after watching the news I am glad I drive a Mercedes which is safe in all areas and Mercedes actually cares about car safety.

Not trying to be mean to GM but this is what their vehicles look like after a crash, and it took them 8 years to fix it.
Attached Thumbnails NBC news 11 pm report on car safety.-pontiac-trans-sport.jpg  

Last edited by Dvinn; 04-29-2005 at 02:38 AM.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK320
In a law class I took a while back there was a class action lawsuit agaist GM because someone died in a car fire because GM located the fuel tanks outside the frame rails making it more susceptible to damage in the event of a collision.

If I remeber correctly there was a judgement of over $50 million against them but it was reversed? Not really sure about that part.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E500, Viper, and other less-fun stuff
Originally Posted by 3199cc
In a law class I took a while back there was a class action lawsuit agaist GM because someone died in a car fire because GM located the fuel tanks outside the frame rails making it more susceptible to damage in the event of a collision.

If I remeber correctly there was a judgement of over $50 million against them but it was reversed? Not really sure about that part.
Far more detail than you ever wanted right here:

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...20/018916.html

About a third of the way down, they document the very long history of this.