E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Removing wood trim

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E320, 2004 C240 4Matic, 2001 S430
Removing wood trim

Anyone know if there are step by step instructions on how to remove the wood trim (throughout the car) - I want to get mine painted silver (bad idea?) and the guy at the shop is too busy to do it, won't make much on it anyway so I'd rather do it myself. I know the door ones have screwes, not sure about the rest. A DYI would be awesome (if anyone wrote one up)

Thanks again,
Sergiu
Old 04-29-2005, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 CLS500 + 99 ML320
Originally Posted by intrinsico
Anyone know if there are step by step instructions on how to remove the wood trim (throughout the car) - I want to get mine painted silver (bad idea?) and the guy at the shop is too busy to do it, won't make much on it anyway so I'd rather do it myself. I know the door ones have screwes, not sure about the rest. A DYI would be awesome (if anyone wrote one up)

Thanks again,
Sergiu
Sergiu,

I do not have that but I want to share my experience with you regarding this. I done excatly what you thinking in my 996 before. It came out terrible! The paint guy I know for long time and he promises me the whole world and when I see that it is so bad that I asked him to repaint until excatly the brush aluminum color I wanted. He painted it few times and at the end it just cannot be put it back and it costs me arm and a leg to buy the OEM parts and put it back, not to mention I can't drive the car for 2 weeks... Think twice before start. For some reasons, it is not just as simple to strip down and paint like the body of the color. It is not as easy as you think if you never try one before. Check out this success one in CLS: https://mbworld.org/forums/cls-coupe-c219/106199-cls-show-car-project-finished-04-01-05-a.html After I saw this I want to do it again but from my last experience I will not touch it and rather to wait for a Barbus or Carlsson one if I really want one in my CLS.

G. luck!
hlkc