Mercedes Part Numbers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Range Rover - Fond Admirer of E55
Question Mercedes Part Numbers

Hi there,

I'm new to the Mercedes world and am very interested in learning about many of the lighting and accessories options which are offered to the US and European market. I'm pretty familiar with BMW and how many of its accessory/lighting offerings are different dependiing on which hemisphere it's marketing to. I was wondering if anyone might know of a website or similar source which offers some kind of interactive parts database with part numbers and/or descriptions. For example, I see that there are two different tail light styles for the SL. One is virtually all red with a little amber while the other is red with a clear center slice. This, hopefully not fictitious website might have a diagram with a part number and description explaining the variation. Perhaps the system the MB dealers use is online?

I'm sorry for being so verbose, I'm just trying to thoroughly explain what I'm seeking. I'd be extremely grateful for any guidance someone can offer. I'm a novice with MB stuff and looking to become better versed in its part and accessory nuances.

Thanks
Justin
Old 05-06-2005, 12:43 AM

03 E500
Here is a web site I bought parts from. Pretty fast shipping, they do have part numbers and some pictures for their items. Hope this helps.

http://replacement.autopartswarehous...Children=False
Old 05-06-2005, 09:40 AM

2003 Range Rover - Fond Admirer of E55
Question Thank You

Thank you for that post. Do you know of a good site for lighting parts and accessories with part numbers, too? Also, do you know of a marked difference between the lights which are offered to the US market and those offered to the European market?

Thanks
Justin
Old 05-06-2005, 11:07 PM

03 E500
Originally Posted by bananagrams
Thank you for that post. Do you know of a good site for lighting parts and accessories with part numbers, too? Also, do you know of a marked difference between the lights which are offered to the US market and those offered to the European market?

Thanks
Justin
As far as light bulbs go, Euro and US are the same kind of bulbs...good thing they didn't make light bulbs incompatible.

If you are looking for non oem lights I would suggest checking out your local rice shops, err...I mean "performance shops" they carry all types of bulbs. Last time I was at Kragans they also carry blue/yellow tinted bulbs there.

As for part numbers, I have no idea.