E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Easy Entry...Exit THE TRICK.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 03:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E320 CDI W211
Thumbs up Easy Entry...Exit THE TRICK.

Ok .....A few days a go I noticed that the seat would not go back when I took the key out of the ignition......It as allways been working ok.

So.......I went into the menu in the display.

It reads convienence.......OFF...STEERING WHEEL...STEERING WHEEL AND SEAT......You have these three options.

For the steering wheel to raise and the seat to go back the display should read (STEERING WHEEL & SEAT). I played around with these settings for a good hour and hellas I could not get the seat to go back even playing around with both keys.

So......Looking here on the threads many people have had the same problem and put this problem down to a bad memory control module.

I am lucky by only living two miles away from MB where I bought the car (2003 E 320 CDI) and I have a very good relationship with head technician ...oh by the way his name is David.

As I drove into the parking lot David was looking at another customers car,two minutes later he greated me and said whats the problem.

I explained that I could not get the drivers seat to go back when I took the key out of the ignition.......as this had been working fine since I had bought the car from new.

David checked first of all that the setting was set to (steering & seat) which it was.

NOW,S HERE THE TRICK.....CALLED RE-SYNCRONISE.

STEP 1. Menu.....key dependent must be OFF.

STEP 2. Exit the car lock the car.....If the windows are open or the roof is open keep you finger on key near the drivers side door handle this will close windows and roof.

Step 3. Wait one minute then open the car (KEEP FINGER ON KEY TO OPEN ALL WINDOWS & SUNROOF.

Step 4. GO BACK TO STEP 2 (close all windows and sunroof by the key method).

Step 5. Unlock enter the car (leave all windows and sunroof in the closed position.

Step 6. (MOST IMPORTANT).......THE LIMITS ALL MUST BE RESET.......BY...
moveing seat foreward to the end stop....then moving seat back to the end stop ( Do this several times as to re-sync the memory).This must be done with all doors,windows,sunroof CLOSED.

Step 7.Go into menu.......convienence ...set to steering & seat....them key dependment to ON you should now be able have different settings for each key.

David said that this prosedure may take several times to work and must be done if the battery as been disconected by any reason.

My battery as never been disconected.................It just lost it,s memory for some unknown reason.

So guys......it may be not a bad memory module as discribed in these forums but just wants a re-sync.

Dam mercedes modules.

Les.......Chesterfield U.K.

Last edited by LeslieRushforth; 06-08-2005 at 04:29 AM.
The following users liked this post:
FilLarious14! (11-07-2022)
Old 06-08-2005, 08:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C200K (w204)
Might try this, i just have my battery disconected from installing a subs. Thanks for the write up!!
Old 06-08-2005, 08:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Had a similar thing with my 05. Everyting worked on one key but not the other (including the mirror dip in reverse). Learned that all items must be set per key. In other words you must go thru the set up proceedure with each key in the ignition. From what I was told this is new for 05 vehicles.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E-500
I have the capability in my '03 E-500 and will work for each key. Mirrors, seats and rear view mirror dip in reverse all must be set as each driver desires for their key. So, it's not really a new feature for '05 models.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E550, 2013 GLK
Do you perform Step 6 with the key in the ignition? Is it off or in Position 1?

Do you wait one minute in Step 5 like you do in Step 2?

After you perform Step 6 do you then put the seat where you would normally have it using the Seat Memory before turning on Key Dependent?
Old 06-08-2005, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Originally Posted by Double Eagle
I have the capability in my '03 E-500 and will work for each key. Mirrors, seats and rear view mirror dip in reverse all must be set as each driver desires for their key. So, it's not really a new feature for '05 models.
What I believe is new for the 05's is the fact that you can set the whole thing up with one key then put the other key in the ignnition and the key dependent and most other stuff will come up as turned off. You must then turn everything on with the second key also. Its not just setting the positions.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E320 CDI W211
Key position

Originally Posted by BudC
Do you perform Step 6 with the key in the ignition? Is it off or in Position 1?

Do you wait one minute in Step 5 like you do in Step 2?

After you perform Step 6 do you then put the seat where you would normally have it using the Seat Memory before turning on Key Dependent?
The key inserted one turn clockwise to the Right in my car.....I guess thats position 1. I am not sure on the American variants as the as all the drivers controls are on the opposite side (steering wheel ..etc.).

When re-sync the seats to the end stops the key must be in position 1.also when going into the menu......convienence the key must be in position 1.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C200K (w204)
I just resync the seat function on my car, basically i turn the engine on, then just move back and forth, up and down, the whole lot just for the seat, it's working now!!! Btw, i just did the seat part, no need for locking/unlocking the car bit.
The following users liked this post:
FilLarious14! (11-07-2022)