Old 08-25-2005, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Build date 2-04 E500
Originally Posted by saffrontiger
HOH,
I wouldn't be to quick to order the KY and some latex. Check this out:

http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/oog/info/twip/twip.asp

Now, here is the good news. If, indeed, refiners are having difficulty processing more crude oil, this is likely to be temporary, and as these problems are corrected, their ability to refine more crude oil should increase. Often, U.S. total petroleum product demand peaks in the heart of winter, as heating oil demand surges. But refiners typically peak their runs in the summer, as they produce gasoline to meet peak demand for that product, while also producing heating oil to build up supplies for the winter. And, even though refiners have not produced as much recently as might have been expected, distillate fuel (which includes both diesel fuel and heating oil) inventories, measured in absolute terms, are above the average range for this time of year. Moreover, refiners will be able to draw from crude oil inventories that are currently well above the average range should there be a need to produce extra heating oil this upcoming winter. Thus, while crude oil prices are high now, the recent counter-seasonal build in crude oil inventories should keep prices from being as high this coming winter as they might be without this extra crude oil inventory.

Many discussions can come from this topic. Biodiesel, engine longevity, decrease in future Sulfur/CO/PM etc... ULSD will probably add 5-7cents/gal. Surely not enough to make us bend over :p

I bought a tube anyway... Yes your senerio may indeed stand true, but it's flawed.... It only takes in account of what is happening in this country (which now has little to do with crude prices)... Add china to the mix and their ever growing use of crude and the fact that our refineries are currently running at 100% and falling apart, compounded with the problem that we are currently not building any more equal's higher prices for sure... Hell... It only takes a small hurricane, fire or earth quake and the refineries are broke down and the prices go up!!!! Yea, they may go down a little, but not untill they keep going up....... The crude prices are determined by supply and demand.... Why is it gas is so high all of a sudden???? Are we using so much more than we were last year at this time??? China is now the second highest user of crude only to be beat by us (the U.S.A)... It is projected that they will pass us in the next 5 years..... Sorry but it is not in our control. All we can do now is wait for the day we catch-up with the euro prices. I say it again.... When the diesel is reformulated you will wish you bought your tube too.... The days of diesel being cheaper than gas are gone for ever.... The oil comanies know damned well the diesel cars are fuel efficient and gaining popularity in the U.S... They will do their best to see your at no fanancail advantage owning one.

Soon you will be happy for paying only $3.00 a gallon. Our european friends are probably thinking were a bunch of cry babies and I'm sure they really pitty us....NOT....
Old 08-25-2005, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
btw.. there's a good debate on oil/prices in the "off-topic" going on now.. much wisdom being shared.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...82#post1249682

But many of those guy are missing the Elephant in the Living-room as I said in that thread.. China.

I expect $3/gal will be the norm... diesel and gas all with in $.20 of each other depending on whether it's heating oil season or not.. Eitherway, if you can pay for a $55K+tax car, you can pay the $1500/yr to gas it up.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
W211 2005 CDI, X166 2013 350 BT, 997.1 2008 C4S
HOH,
Not that I'm a huge enviro nut, but...
http://www.eere.energy.gov/consumeri...heets/nb2.html

The fact is this, Rudolph Diesel was right on the money...diesel makes sense. Why would we want to get our nuts in a sling by OPEC and growing demands by China and India. I agree there are other significant market forces that will change price points and demand. Today, the storms in Florida are wreaking havoc with fuel prices. If you take a look at the link by DOE, biomass clearly could be a win-win for Americans. I'm not saying this is the only answer, but it works for now especially with those of us with CDI's. Now for the real test...will any of us risk voiding our warranties by using an unapproved fuel acording to MBUSA?
Jay
Old 08-26-2005, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
Originally Posted by saffrontiger
Now for the real test...will any of us risk voiding our warranties by using an unapproved fuel acording to MBUSA?
Jay
Someone who will..

Last edited by CE750; 08-26-2005 at 10:18 AM.