E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

a pic of my w211 replacement... B6 S4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Are you taking medication or something ? At this point, most of us have no clue what you're saying. (except for the big talk).

Just bring the damn car to the track, and see which car is faster. What's up w/ all that talk ? This is not space shuttle launch, no need to do any of that planning.

This remind me of my college days; there's a dude who always brag that he got this and that belt & degree in martial art, and that he had won free style fighting contests over and over, challenged & won over the best. Sure the guy have muscle and body, so no one dared to challenge him. Until one day...., he pissed of some quite normal & average guy, and that guy just beat the sh*t out of him, I mean really beat the crap out of the dude. No more wording from Mr Big since then.

Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
I just thought it would be fun to see you go up againts the driver of the E320 in question. The list of cars that he has passed in his mommy mobile of a W211 is rather impressive. Just something for fun. Or if you wanted we could run down palamar mt. if you wanted to stay closer to home. Running up hill might be a bit of an issue for a weak E320! If you dont want to engage in that its ok we are still on for the track day.

Come monday morning we will be on the phone with the track investigating dates for the battle. Stay tuned.

Before we invest time to get a day going are you still interested in the "race" at the streets of willow? There are many items we need to work out jangy in order to get this going and a little respect from all parties would make the process a whole lot easer to complete.

Last edited by zam2000; 09-12-2005 at 03:11 AM.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jangy. "AS" stands for Class A Stock. I can't find the current classification for the C32 on SCCA's web site for Classification listings for 2005. Do you know where and on what page it is listed? I am curious.

What mods are on your car or is it complete stock including tires?
Old 09-12-2005, 09:03 PM

Jangy, should we move this thread to the E55 or C32/55 forum for better model specific continuity?

I just read through the entire thread. Are you assuming that the C32 in question is stock? It has been expressed that the car has a stock motor, but has upgraded suspension, wheels/tires and brakes. Will this change your opinion on the outcome of a track day at SOWS?

You concede that EvoSport's C32 will be faster, but why? Their car is still putting out significantly less hp and tq than the E55. And you have stated that the E55's wheelbase to car ratio is an almost perfect 1:1 relationship, while the C class suffers with a 2:1 ratio. You go on to state that you can't believe an E55 could be slower than a C32, but don't know if this comment excluded a track test like at SOWS. You have also stated you have smoked numerous cars in the C class, but have not stated whether or not you have ever gone against a C32 or a C55 in the twisties with a competent driver. You make mention of the wheel/tire advantages of the E55 which I will agree with if we are comparing stock fitments, but the C32 in question runs 18x8.5 fronts with 235's and 18x9.5 rears with 265's. In terms of sidewall flex, the C32's upgrade has an edge on the E55. The proper wheel fitment for ultimate handling on an E55 would be 8.5-9" fronts and 9.5-10" rears and most custom built race wheels would go in this direction given your factory tire sizes.

The proper debate here is whether the C32's chassis layout, suspension design, overall weight, track, wheelbase, and front to rear weight bias will produce faster times at a technical track like SOWS which requires handling capacity to be fast, over the same parameters as that of an E55, either car being modded or not, as simple mods to damper or springs don't change any of the other characteristics inherent in the overall design of the chassis.

If EvoSport's C32 had a stock motor, would you still feel that it would beat you at SOWS or would your car be superior? Do you think a C55 stock or modded would beat you at SOWS?

I'm in for the track day.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I have no issues moving this thread.

I never said that the EVO car will get me. I just said I will make no claims on it OR ANY modified car, especially when it is dedicated to racing. Any competent racing team could take ANY chassis and make it competitive against others that have not had those same advantages, so let us get real.

The point with all the tire stuff was actually brought up by you with reference to why the E500 handles better (LOL).

Anyhow, does any of this mean I am scared of "your" C32? No. Let's just go.

Just to set your record straight, I have raced against 1 C32, and 2 C55s. All three with minor mods (i.e. tires). They are my friends and we have gone around the Palomar Mountain loop at least 10 times together. I have also been on the same loop with other friends in other cars. Trust me. I have an excellent gauge on where the E55 AND the C32 stand against the competition and one another.

In all honesty, this thread is growing boring. In short, if a track day ever comes about, I would be happy to join. If not, oh well.

As for the C32 debate. Is there a C32 out there that can beat my E55? Sure. So what? For each of those, there will also be another E55 out there that has added other mods to beat that C32 and so on.

None of this changes your flip flopping on technical facts and specs. I see now that the confusion was caused by my strayed assumption that the C32 in question is actually a Mercedes Benz C32? I understand now that you were actually refering to the DTM?

Lastly. My car is mostly stock. I have a deleted resonator, K&Ns, etc. Things that don't make a huge whap. I am actually buying some rims as we speak along with a set of PS2s. That is it.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:25 PM

Jangy, I don't know who you are referring to as I am new to this thread and was never involved in your previous arguments and referrences to the E500 and other stated debates. I have not flip flopped on any fact or statement, but have been very direct. Who are you referring to regarding a DTM? And it was you who got facts incorrect and referred to the C32 as a C320 if you check the thread.

Palomar is not a proper comparison to SOWS, nor are the many equally great roads in the Santa Monica mountain range. The fact that you have raced other C32/55's and won or lost (you did not mention outcomes) has more to do with driver talent than the superiority of one car over the other. The argument remains one of which car is faster around SOWS given similar or equal driving talent.

You are right, this is boring. Put your money where your mouth is. Check the E55 forum's thread on your track day poll. I will be at SOWS this Friday if you want to come out and play, I mean lose.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Isn't it supposed to be a contest between CynCarvin32 and Jangy ? All of the sudden, Mr talk-big just drop off like that ? and you're jumping in and now challenge Jangy ? Are you budy of CynCarvin32 who suppose to save face for him ? Those of us who've follow the thread where CynCarvin32 claims that "his" C32 and E500 can beat an E55 have no clue why all of the sudden you jump in and take over ?

This whole thread just suck.

Originally Posted by smgC32
You are right, this is boring. Put your money where your mouth is. Check the E55 forum's thread on your track day poll. I will be at SOWS this Friday if you want to come out and play, I mean lose.
Originally Posted by jangy
CynCarvin32: it is on.

Mt Palomar ANYTIME!! Bring it. East side, west side. Up one and down the other or whatever combo you like.

I still want to do WS, especially as your offer to pay stands. I never questioned your ability to pay. I just wonder if it will all roll out.

Last edited by zam2000; 09-14-2005 at 12:13 AM.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by zam2000
Isn't it supposed to be a contest between CynCarvin32 and Jangy ? All of the sudden, Mr talk-big just drop off like that ? and you're jumping in and now challenge Jangy ? Are you budy of CynCarvin32 who suppose to save face for him ? Those of us who've follow the thread where CynCarvin32 claims that "his" C32 and E500 can beat an E55 have no clue why all of the sudden you jump in and take over ?

This whole thread just suck.

Read the posts before posting and looking odd. If you read our posts the C32 in question does not belong to me. I sold my C32 long ago. It belongs to SMG. He and I drive two cars at the track often and one of them happens to be a C32. For someone who does not drive any of the cars in question you sure get all wrapped up in this.

I think people here need to read posts. It helps keep things in check. The thread sucks huh? Then dont read it and be gone. Maybe if you read the posts and thought a little you could keep up. At least try....
Old 09-14-2005, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
300SEL
Originally Posted by smgC32
I will be at SOWS this Friday if you want to come out and play, I mean lose.
Thanks for giving us working stiffs a lot of notice. lol. I am having little success re-arranging my schedule to accommodate this Friday.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:38 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
the C32 / C320 was a joke.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If you don't have a car to drive, and intent to "borrow" people car, then at least state it up front, don't B.S or talk as if "your" car can challenge an E55.

No one blame you for being clueless, but sure people feel sorry for your B.S story (can you say "owned" ????)

Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
You know what ill get in on this test and I bet i can spank both your butts with a C32 (stock motor)
Old 09-15-2005, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
300SEL
Originally Posted by zam2000
If you don't have a car to drive, and intent to "borrow" people car, then at least state it up front, don't B.S or talk as if "your" car can challenge an E55.

No one blame you for being clueless, but sure people feel sorry for your B.S story (can you say "owned" ????)
He does "own" an E55 and an SL55. I can vouch for that, driven both into their limiters.

smgc32 lets him drive his c32 at the track, just because he does not choose to drive his land yacht at the track is not being "owned." he simply stated that a/his/your/our/my c32 can beat an e55 at the track. what is so hard to understand about that?
Old 09-16-2005, 01:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by schwarzwagen
He does "own" an E55 and an SL55. I can vouch for that, driven both into their limiters.

smgc32 lets him drive his c32 at the track, just because he does not choose to drive his land yacht at the track is not being "owned." he simply stated that a/his/your/our/my c32 can beat an e55 at the track. what is so hard to understand about that?
i have found this guy to lack any hope of logic so dont even bother to post a response. let him fester in his pool of drool.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:15 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Hi guys. I can't show up today. Give me about ten days notice and I'll do it.

COME ON FELLAS. Let's have a fun day at the track and smoke some tires away!!!

Let's stop the bickering. Everyone has an opinion. So what? Let everyone enjoy theirs. If he's happy with his buddy's C320, then so be it. It simply does not matter whos it is.

Let's kill this thread and start a real meet invitation without all the squabling. What do ya say C32 (and his trusty side kick)?