W211 being chased by Z4 3.0i Video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
Originally Posted by PUZZ1
I drove home from the airport last night (or earlier today) at 1am on a road very similar to the one on your video and was on the lookout for clowns just like yourselves. You are very lucky. You can't attempt track-like turns on a public road and doing it at night just increases your risk of a head on slam or dumping your car off the road. I will admit that I got that stuff out of my system when I was 17 years old driving an '84 VW Rabbit GTI. But that was 20 years ago. You're lucky enough to drive an expensive car. Grow up and enjoy it.
How interesting.. I too had an 84 GTI (Black/red)... my recklessness with that car lead to my (thank God) my only accident at age 20... that was about 15 years ago. This was in Hillsborough, CA a similar type road to where these guys are driving.. except it was RESIDENTIAL! I smashed into a mailbox (made of brick).. it could have easily been another car or person.. that was a "growing experience" for me. With in three months I was in the Army heading to the Persian Gulf!
Old 09-10-2005, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
Originally Posted by CE750
It is a good pint that DWP and others are making about being careful. It may not even be you that's driving wrong... someone else may go a bit into your lane... but due to your speed you may have a tough time recovering. I still think the driving was good.. but no one is so good as to never make a mistake.

So just be careful and "don't get ****y kid" as Han Solo said..
Your point in well taken. I respect your method of response and reply in kind. I don't appreciate others who tell me I am a stupid clown (top 50 University educated, thanks). Grow up and enjoy it, why not by a Camry like everyone else. It is enjoyable to explore the capabilities of finely tuned German cars, if people cannot appreciate that, too bad. We just wanted share our experiences with the community and we get people raining on our parade.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
I think their message is sound, but their method of delivery is a bit crass I admit. We are all guilty of that around here from time to time.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:30 PM

Received 123 Likes on 67 Posts
2023 GLC 300 4MATIC
You are exploring the capabilites of fine German cars? Sure you are, at the expense of innocent unsuspecting drivers. You are educated? So what? Tha's about the most stupid response I've ever heard. You are not a clown, you are an ***-clown.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:31 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E320 Platinum Blue/Ash, Appearance Pkg, Premium Pkg
Originally Posted by guitarplayer
You are exploring the capabilites of fine German cars? Sure you are, at the expense of innocent unsuspecting drivers. You are educated? So what? Tha's about the most stupid response I've ever heard. You are not a clown, you are an ***-clown.
Call me what you will, though I must give you one important bit of information. The road in the video goes to an unicorporated area of Ventura County and has zero residences, businesses, schools, or any major cross streets. At the time of night, any motorist on that road would be very rare. That being said, in order to "expense" an innocent motorist would be to become involved in an accident with one. Since we can see the headlights well in advance from any other vehicle, we do slow our speed to "reasonable" levels while they pass. Since I, too, have a family I need to return home to.

Yes, he is educated, and he doesn't type ***-CLOWN on the internet. I, who did not attend a top 50 school, just did type that just like you did.

Another thing, the W210 E320 is one of the best JDM style drift cars on the planet! I had a W210 for a week and that vehicle was a big hit in my book. So, maybe you could try doing some drifts for the camera and posting them. We would all be very much obliged.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:32 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Drop the name calling.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:58 AM

Mercedes all the way!
perhaps it's good to get these things out of your system while you're young - i'd rather have a young driver with all his faculties working, driving at full speed, than a much older (no offence ) guy having delusions of youth pummelling his porsche around the twisties.

hey, in any case, you guys didn't go THAT fast jk jk hahaha
Old 09-11-2005, 09:05 AM

Well, whatever your education, it did not provide you with common sense or respect for other people on the road. Hopefully, you'll get caught and appropriately fined, imprisoned or your licence revoked and that'll be another 'boy racer' off the roads.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:02 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by latent
Well, whatever your education, it did not provide you with common sense or respect for other people on the road. Hopefully, you'll get caught and appropriately fined, imprisoned or your licence revoked and that'll be another 'boy racer' off the roads.
So how about we "compromise." Since I have no "common sense" nor do I "respect" others on the road, maybe I should do the following to "compromise" and look at the "alternative". Let's have a look, shall we .

1. I will drive during the day when there is more traffic, and oncoming headlights cannot be seen to alert me to slow my pace. (This makes more sense than the current situation does it not?)

2. I will drift all lanes to endanger the whole road, and not just me. (This makes more sense than the current situation does it not?)

3. I will drive on a major road that has cross traffic and goes to an actual place thereby increasing my chances of smashing into someone or something. (This makes more sense than the current situation does it not?)

4. I will drive a rice rocket so if I do hit something I will die more quickly and reduce the chances of hurting the SUVs out there. (This makes more sense than the current situation does it not?)

5. I will get a group of rice rockets together and drive so we can all play bumper tag, too! (This makes more sense than the current situation does it not?)

6. I will not maintain my vehicle and pollute my body so I can be sure to break something and crash, or crash while high. (This makes more sense than the current situation does it not?)

So in conclusion, is the current situation really as bad as it first appeared to be?
Old 09-11-2005, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
Originally Posted by ruykava
perhaps it's good to get these things out of your system while you're young - i'd rather have a young driver with all his faculties working, driving at full speed, than a much older (no offence ) guy having delusions of youth pummelling his porsche around the twisties.

hey, in any case, you guys didn't go THAT fast jk jk hahaha
Yes. There are two classes of Porsche guys. The ones in PCA and the others with their GT2 moving chicanes.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
It's good to get our bitterness out now. In the future, there will be more videos, perhaps then you will be silent so that others, who enjoy the fun, can.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
Originally Posted by latent
That's funny. I drive 65mph on the freeway and conservatively around town. I haven't gotten a ticket in years and even then it was for an illegal U-turn (that was unmarked). So we go out late at night once and a while for fun, now we are baby killers who should be strung up from the highest tree! Right!
Old 09-11-2005, 07:38 PM

Mercedes Benz
I was wondering if you could post the music playlist, you know artist and song title. I liked the music the most. Thanks
Old 09-11-2005, 08:48 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Omegaonne
I was wondering if you could post the music playlist, you know artist and song title. I liked the music the most. Thanks
I will call my buddy that did the editing and find that out and post it.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 Yukon XL Denali, '06 Eclipse GS
Originally Posted by Omegaonne
I agree. Went well with the video.

Nice one.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:41 PM

c43
kick *** video... very funny intro and nicely done in all regards, I really liked it, kudos
Old 09-14-2005, 12:21 AM

03 E55
Darwin?
Old 09-14-2005, 03:56 AM

2006 SLK350
BTW... who's spanking what??

Being as I personally enjoy spirited driving, I'd hardly be the one to preach speed limits, etc. But if you can't hold a lane on a blind curve of an uncontrolled road, you really are asking for trouble... and you may not get a second chance, good as the safety systems of the Mercedes may be.

That said, how the heck did you smoke your brakes???
Old 09-14-2005, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
Originally Posted by Stevo
a to tha muthafudgin k homeboy..a to the muthafudgin k

Ok, mr. ebonics man Stevo , your post leaves me wondering whether I/we should challenge your "cycle fury" or just laugh at you. I choose the latter.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by taroliw

Being as I personally enjoy spirited driving, I'd hardly be the one to preach speed limits, etc. But if you can't hold a lane on a blind curve of an uncontrolled road, you really are asking for trouble... and you may not get a second chance, good as the safety systems of the Mercedes may be.

HA should have seen last night. SRX Cadillac loaner car and the brakes were glowing like a neon sign and ON FIRE. It was great. That SRX is actually a FANTASTIC car. You would never guess it but it honestly is a wonderful car that drives far better than we ever dreamed. Something I would honestly look at getting if/when i needed a jacked up station wagon.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
\
lmao...my point exactly. You have nothing to say because you know i'm absolutely right. Hey look at me, i'm driving daddy's car fast! Yay! Look at me i'm so cool! I can't drive for sh*t but i put together a video with some cool trance music. Did you guys have glow sticks in the car when you were driving? Yay...we like to drive like morons! Yay! Challenge my cycle fury? I'd like to see that, you and what army? Regardless, next time i'm riding with my boys if I see you and your gay counterpart, who looks like a skinnier Balki from Perfect Strangers, i'll make sure to say hi..well me along with two hundred riders who hate punk *** kids like you who get their rocks off by driving completely reckless at the expense of the safety of other people on the road. Save your "ebonics" comment for someone that it's applicable to..it was a quote from a song that talks about little kid retards such as yourself moron. Oh wait, that's right, you only listen to gay *** trance music..lmao...homo.
No one is scared of you and your empty threats. Wow u have a bike want a freaking cookie? You are the fool ... driving around with an ego on a bike? Good luck you will need it! I love nothing more than an empty internet threat. Kind of empowering to be all big and bad behind that keyboard huh? Feeling better now? Good glad that help you out.

As for your BS about it being dads car ... funny its his... all 800 a month. But you are to busy being bitter to realize that.

And for someone trying to be eloquent you sure sound like a redneck trying to be a thug. So which are ya?

Canyons do not say bikes only... so share the road. Nothing better than 200 bikers trying to chase a car. I can see it now... im sure you have seen a pack of bikes in the tour de france when a lead bike falls? Well I would love to see that happen if you tried to take chase. Who would be the fool then?

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 09-14-2005 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:19 PM
Almost a Member!

I'm going to try my best to revert from name calling or personal attacks. You "two wild and crazy guys" should at least admit to the fact that what you're doing is very dangerous and can have disastrous consequences. Don't try to justify what you did as safe

SAVANT According to Webster's Dictionary: a person with detailed knowledge in some specialized field
Hey "Savant"...lmao, that's the funniest/gayest thing i've heard in a while. Someone calling themselves a "savant".The reason your brakes were smoking is because you are actually a novice driver. A "savant" as you put it wouldn't engage the road in a ROMP and STOMP manner like you did, flooring the throttle and then hammering the brake, then releasing the brake...repeat process at every turn. So I guess you are a savant, a how not to drive savant.

Windy roads in Ventura are actually very popular for motorcycle riders such as myself on wednesday nights. We have bike night, about two hundred of us every wednesday and we canyon carve and ride twisty parts of the valley every meeting. So morons, please refrain from driving like the immature, irresponsible nerds you are on wednesday nights. If you come within ten feet of my fellow riders or myself you will be "chased by" 200,000 cc's of cycle fury. I don't think the west hollywood'esque Z4 or non brake functioning/"my brakes are smoking" W211 will have much luck. Go ahead guys, please reply with something that tries to justify your stupidity..i'm curious. Sorry..did i name call? My bad....a to tha muthafudgin k homeboy..a to the muthafudgin k

edit...spelling
Where to start? First I will start from the beginning. "Romp and Stomp?" I am unsure as to why you refer to my driving as such, however I assure you if you knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't have a poser set of 19"s on an E320 WITHOUT AirMatic. You also would have a poser set of 19"s period. Since we all know that the 19" wheel on a W211 does not yield and better performance in the area of increase grip, and or actual cornering G's.

Oh, and if you had to look up "Savant" in a dictionary, you must not have done your vocabulary lessons in highschool, or maybe you never graduated highschool.

In addition, I have been through and am familiar with Wednesday nights, and there is no rider that would have the wish of death to corner at high enough speeds in those canyons to keep up with any stable four wheeled vehicle. Shall I film myself smoking crotchies also?

I cannot deny that canyon driving is not dangerous, nor have I attempted to. I also cannot deny the fact that the Z4 is a "gay" car. I do love the Z4, "gay" or not, because it is quick, grips very well, and is impeccably balanced. Not to mention the big discounts offered on them.

So, why don't you bring the E you have by so we can see which of us doesn't know how to drive? Not in the canyons, but the big track at Willow?

Lastly, that E is mine, do you really think any kid would do that to his parent's vehicle knowing full well they will easily spot the blue brake rotors and worn sidewalls? I know if I had a kid I would get him his own car to drive at the track and through the canyons in.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:24 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by taroliw

The brakes on the E320 are a little on the small side, and unfortunately cannot handle the heat they are given. So they smoke, the rotors glow, and then the pads catch on fire. I haven't had them catch fire in the E500, but they will also smoke and glow in that vehicle.

Also, I wouldn't take a line I can't hold, and though the corners are blind, it is at night. So I easily see oncoming headlights.

Oh, and the Z4 will eat the E320 for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but for this purpose it was the only thing that could handle well enough to film from behind, though I am giving the Z4 a good workout.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by barw211e320
Night is actually a safer time to drive fast than during the day. For one, you can see oncoming headlights so you can reduce your speed. There is also FAR LESS traffic at night than during the day. If I ditch my car off the road, that does not endanger other motorists. So in conclusion, the facts speak for themselves.
Based upon how often and hard you rode the brakes I would disagree.You can see the landscape and turns much easier during the day.You just validiated your inexperience as a driver to this entire forum.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:36 PM

E320
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
\

No one is scared of you and your empty threats. Wow u have a bike want a freaking cookie? You are the fool ... driving around with an ego on a bike? Good luck you will need it! I love nothing more than an empty internet threat. Kind of empowering to be all big and bad behind that keyboard huh? Feeling better now? Good glad that help you out.

As for your BS about it being dads car ... funny its his... all 800 a month. But you are to busy being bitter to realize that.

And for someone trying to be eloquent you sure sound like a redneck trying to be a thug. So which are ya?

Canyons do not say bikes only... so share the road. Nothing better than 200 bikers trying to chase a car. I can see it now... im sure you have seen a pack of bikes in the tour de france when a lead bike falls? Well I would love to see that happen if you tried to take chase. Who would be the fool then?
An ego? Who's got the ego. I'm simply pointing out the fact that these two guys are complete morons...hands down. There's absolutely no argument about it. Empty threats?

Last edited by Stevo; 09-14-2005 at 10:53 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: W211 being chased by Z4 3.0i Video