E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Dealer Woes!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 E500
Dealer Woes!

So I take my car in again because I'm getting the same error message in my console as I did the last time I took it in for repair "electronic consumers turned off blah blah blah" and a picture of a battery. I call my new service guy on Tuesday, kinda gives me the brush off and says, bring in it Thursday. So i go there and he goes, what do you need? like he doesn't know why i'm there. Bad.

Second, he does a check and I tell him what happens. He then says, you have a e320 and just changed the embelm on the back? HA! No disrespect to e320/350 owners, but why would I do that? I have an e500. If i was going to front, I would shave off the numbers, or put e55. So anyway. we go into his office and he says, "hey, you really do have an e500". No sh** sherlock. Maybe it's because I look like i'm 16 but if I was older, I doubt he would say anything stupid like he did.

So then he says he has to charge me 110bucks for a diag. And i go what? If this issue is due to a recall, why can't you look at it again, and he says, because we fixed it once, now it's another issue. They I tell him my car is warrantied until 2007, and he goes..oh yeah, sorry.

Then he tells me he can't issue me a rent a car! At 7:30AM at the House in socal, and I have to be in west hollywood by 10. So I say, can you fix it in an hour? He says no problem.

9:00am rolls by and I go screw this, I'm gettin my own car. 44.00 for a cobalt and 77 for a c230. My god! I get the cobalt and the service calls me up at 9:30 and says , sorry, we'll cover your car. yea yea whatever.

What ever happened to my old service rep? What has happened to customer support in general? Honda had better service.At least they drove me home for free.

Just a little vent.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:57 AM

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts
'07 GL450
Dude..

I feel your pain. Complain to the General Manager of the Dealership. You should never have to tolerate that kind of attitude.. and, as long as you do nothing about it, it will continue to happen.

Alternatively, take your business elsewhere. (I'd still file a complaint though.)

GL.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Originally Posted by monstaloc
Maybe it's because I look like i'm 16 but if I was older, I doubt he would say anything stupid like he did.
Have your parents go to the dealership and complain for you......

Jus kidding....... This is very simple, Take your car to another dealership. I have the complete oposite experience at my dealer and with my SA.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Originally Posted by monstaloc
So I take my car in again because I'm getting the same error message in my console as I did the last time I took it in for repair "electronic consumers turned off blah blah blah" and a picture of a battery. I call my new service guy on Tuesday, kinda gives me the brush off and says, bring in it Thursday. So i go there and he goes, what do you need? like he doesn't know why i'm there. Bad.

Second, he does a check and I tell him what happens. He then says, you have a e320 and just changed the embelm on the back? HA! No disrespect to e320/350 owners, but why would I do that? I have an e500. If i was going to front, I would shave off the numbers, or put e55. So anyway. we go into his office and he says, "hey, you really do have an e500". No sh** sherlock. Maybe it's because I look like i'm 16 but if I was older, I doubt he would say anything stupid like he did.

So then he says he has to charge me 110bucks for a diag. And i go what? If this issue is due to a recall, why can't you look at it again, and he says, because we fixed it once, now it's another issue. They I tell him my car is warrantied until 2007, and he goes..oh yeah, sorry.

Then he tells me he can't issue me a rent a car! At 7:30AM at the House in socal, and I have to be in west hollywood by 10. So I say, can you fix it in an hour? He says no problem.

9:00am rolls by and I go screw this, I'm gettin my own car. 44.00 for a cobalt and 77 for a c230. My god! I get the cobalt and the service calls me up at 9:30 and says , sorry, we'll cover your car. yea yea whatever.

What ever happened to my old service rep? What has happened to customer support in general? Honda had better service.At least they drove me home for free.

Just a little vent.
What dealer did you go to?

EDIT: Oops, just noticed you took it to House of Imports. Who was your Service Advisor? There is a C32 AMG owner who has had bad luck with House of Imports as well recently.

Go elsewhere, Caliber or Laguna. Dont go to fletcher since you will get the same attitude if not worse than House of Imports.

Last edited by MB Fanatic; 11-04-2005 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:43 AM

Give them hell. Make them pay attention to you and let them know how you feel. Be assertive, but not aggressive.

Then take your business elsewhere anyway.

Money talks and bull***** walks. Start walking.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:13 PM

'03 E500
So i get another call from my service rep and he says the tech wants to take my car on a "over night ride". Basically saying the mechanic or whoever wants to take my car home with him (and probably rack up my miles). You know, the guy has my keys, and in the glove, he can probably find out where I live via my registration. You know, this is ridiculous. House was really cool until they got a whole new set of reps.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:45 PM

2003 E320
I've had some experiences like that at the house and i bought my car there.

The service guys are idiots and a-holes in one.

The only times I've actually had a positive experience there is when I worked with my old sales guy (the guy I got my car from) and he hooked me up with the service manager and I made an appointment beforehand, etc. Then I show up, drop off the car, and get my rental car and I don't have to hear them talk about how they can't do this and that.

My latest experience at South Bay Mercedes with the parts department wasn't any better (I think I posted something in here a month or so ago about buying a new key for my car and they gave me the non-keyless go key instead of the keyless go one).

RVD.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
And make sure they pour you a latte while you wait on service!

Seriously, talk to the GM or Service Manager.