E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

15 minute old new car problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 05:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 AMG E63s
Drove home from work last night and did a bit of running around with kids. Drove to work this morning and have not had any recurrence.

So far so good

Looks like what the service guys did has fixed the problem.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C240
Originally Posted by mleskovar
What you are experiencing is not 'normal' with the engine hot or cold and anyone that would put up with it has high tolerance for abnormal car behavior. Does anyone think MB consciously designed a transmission that violently kicks into gear after a stop? Stay on them until it's fixed or demand a full refund. If necessary go class action....there seems to be enough people just on this board that are putting up with it to warrant drastic action. I have experienced what you describe and it's not acceptable. Unfortunately sometimes you need to keep taking it in, escalating, and wasting precious time, before they do anything about it. The more you put up with and accept it the less chance of getting it repaired properly. Unless $XXX CDN isn't a lot of money to you and you think you got what you paid for.
i agree with mleskovar, y should we try to fix these tranny/software issues ourself, we've paid enuf to justify a sweet smooth ride. I'm bringing in my car next week for almost similar problem(see my last weeks threed about bucking issue). In past 4 months i have brought in my car to dealers about 3 times and next week is going to be the 4th. Yeah i get a huge grin on my face as soon as i know i have to drive down to the street to pick up eggs n whtnot in the car, but times like these just really **** me off.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:54 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E240 03
Tsb P-07_00-28f Feb 04

P-07_00-28F FEB 04 Engine Controls - Lack of Power/Hesitation/MIL ON

The problem is a CEU upgrade and this is the number of the Technical service bulletin.