E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Love my mechanic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Love my mechanic

Like many of you I occassionally have to take my car to the service shop. Over time I have become fond of one mechanic in particular due to his quality work and great attitude. Ever since I identified this individual I have been going to him. I love my car and I completely trust this gentleman. I really find my overall Mercedes experience so much better since I have developed this relationship. Anyway, I just wanted to share...
Old 12-22-2005, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
Originally Posted by luxury1
Like many of you I occassionally have to take my car to the service shop. Over time I have become fond of one mechanic in particular due to his quality work and great attitude. Ever since I identified this individual I have been going to him. I love my car and I completely trust this gentleman. I really find my overall Mercedes experience so much better since I have developed this relationship. Anyway, I just wanted to share...
Must be nice, I'm still seeking that perfect "do it as if it were mine" mechanic.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
04 E320 4 Matic, 95 Audi S6, 99 Carrera 4 Cabrio, 12 Fiat 500 Sport, 00 BMW R1200C 10, BMW R1200R
Originally Posted by luxury1
Thanks for sharing your positive experience! I also have had great service from my dealer.

I dropped off my X-mas gifts for my service advisor and mechanic at the dealer today. I actually drove up in my Audi S6 and everyone at the Mercedes dealer gave me weird looks , I wonder why? I usually give them each a $50.00 gift certificate at a restaurant and they are very happy.

When I dropped the gifts off, I mentioned that I need to have an oil sample pulled in about 3 months and the level will need to be topped off (free of course), they already knew that this was needed and said no problem. The new SBC recall will be done at that time too.

Then I mentioned a service bulleting about changing the ATF and transfer case fluids by 60,000 Km or 37,000 miles that Mercedes Benz in Germany issued. They said they did not know about it, but if I brought the letter they would change the fluid under my scheduled maintenance period (FREE STUFF from the 2004 MY). I like my service advisor and my mechanic a lot, I think that they would also do what I say just because, but I know that remembering them this time of the year never hurts anything! I already got a free brake fluid change when I asked for one.

You get more with sugar than you do with vinegar!

Steve
Old 12-23-2005, 08:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
03 E320 -wife's car now; 07 Porsche Boxster S - my toy
You're Lucky!!

Originally Posted by SAguirre
Thanks for sharing your positive experience! I also have had great service from my dealer.

Steve

Steve,
You must have bought your MB from a small dealership. The place where I bought mine has 5-6 service advisors whom of which I am not impressed with. I have no access to the mechanics at all, and when I'm there, the service manager is never in his office. With all the times I've been there for service (warranty & scheduled maint) I had to argue about getting receipts for the work performed even though this is a state law where I live (Massachusetts).

As a consequence, I have located two independent shops that were highly recommended that I will take my car to for complex work that I can't handle myself and only return to the dealership for recall work.

It's a shame that this dealer has an attitude because I'll never buy a car from them again nor give anyone a recommendation to go there. Considering all the problems people are having, I would have thought that dealerships would practice better customer relations as they are the last link in the MB chain that interfaces with the consumer. I'm also not impressed with MBUSA headquarters in New Jersey.

Regards,
Paul.....
Old 12-23-2005, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 E63 ///AMG
Originally Posted by SAguirre
I usually give them each a $50.00 gift certificate at a restaurant and they are very happy.Steve
I do about the same thing, gave my SA a $50 bill and gave the Shop Foreman 500 rounds of .45 ACP ammo (he's a gun afficionado as I am). Great professionals to work with at Mercedes Benz of Spokane.....Bill