E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Aircon Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2005 | 11:28 PM

Aircon Problem

Hi, I am from Asia, my father drives a E200 Kompressor. He bought the car in July 2004. Within one year, we encounter the first problem. While driving the car with the aircon on, the aircon will sometimes stop blowing air out of the aircon vents while the aircon is still on. We had to switch off and on the aircon again and hope that the aircon will come back. It does sometimes. Thus we bring back the car back to the dealer and have it fixed under warranty. Recently the same problem came back again. We wil be bring back the car to the dealer to fixed the problem when the car mileage reach 20,000km. I am wondering whether this is a common problem with fellow E-Class owners. It really pissed me off that the same problem happened again within one year even after we sent for it to be fixed. Also when we just bought the car, the glovebox cover open slowly but after few months the glovebox cover will drop open when u open it. It doesn't bother us much though. Anyone here has the same problems?

Last edited by 131172; 12-26-2005 at 11:32 PM.
Old 12-27-2005 | 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 ML 350
I too had this problem whenever the fan speed went into the "Max" fan speed because I pressed Max, or put the defrosters on, or the car automatically went into Max. The dealer replaced a control module under the dash on our (USA) passenger side 2 times. The second time there was also a Battery Control Module that was replaced/reprogrammed due to recall. This module incorrectly decided that the battery's voltage was too low, so it cuts the power to big energy using devices in the car. (When the fans go into Max, there is a big current draw.)

Search on the topic. Several of us have had the problem. My problem has been solved completely.

Last edited by Barry45RPM; 12-27-2005 at 08:01 PM.
Old 12-27-2005 | 07:26 PM

'03 E500
Same issue in my 03 e500. There was a recall...something about the battery module. MY ac only blew as if it was on one bar, my car adpater went out, my radio went out, my seat cooler/heaters didn't work, and I think that's about it. After the fix, it only happened one time. My dealer gave me some bs excuse why he couldn't do it for free because they already fixed it once, and then held my car for 3 days for nor reason. Hasn't happened since I yelled at them!
Old 12-29-2005 | 02:44 PM
D-5

2003 E55
mine blowed out cold air when I needed warm air. This problem has been there since I had the car. I tried shutting off and restarting the car to slove the problem temporary, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. The dealer have replaced the MAF module and the outside temp sensor but didn't slove anything.