E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Was told that Dynamic drive seats n/a w/Sport pkge

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 CLK430 cab, Silver/Ash/Blk top: 2003 E500 On order Silver/Ash, Sport package
Was told that Dynamic drive seats n/a w/Sport pkge

My salesman called me this afternoon and indicated that the drive dynamic seat option would not be available for the E500's ordered with the Sport package, only the multi contour seats, have any of you heard this??? Also was told that the comand was no longer available to order, until further notice. I was looking forward in both of these options, especially since the comand pricing is quoted at $1200.

My car was scheduled last week when I called for Sept 1 build date and an October 10 delivery. Now I am being told that I have been moved to a 2 September build which the salesman said would be in the 3rd to 4th week of September, therefore delivery would be delayed. I placed my original order for this car in early May. Has anyone else experienced this, with their dealerships???
Old 07-29-2002, 07:54 PM

2000 CLK430 Coupe
I wonder if Driver Dynamic Seats are only part of the Sports Package on the E320. My dealer told me that the E320's Sport Package does come with Dynamic Seats.

The E320 Sports Package costs $3800 and the E500 Sports Package costs only $1375. That's a pretty big difference in price since the only true difference is that the Sports Package for the 320 includes Airmatic DC suspension which is $1575 as a stand-alone option. So it seems that there is still about a $1000 difference and maybe that is covered with the addition of Dynamic Seats which cost $1150.
Old 07-30-2002, 11:16 AM

BMW 330Ci
makes no sense

Why would the higher line E500 lack something as "sporty" as drive dynamic seats? the multicontour seats are supposed to be more for comfort while the drive dynamic is performance oriented; it would make more sense to offer the drive dynamic with a "sports package" wouldnt it?

maybe they assume people who buy the E500 are not the sporting types and prefer "luxury" amenities over "sport" ameneties

looking forward to the E500 sports package anyway (guess i'll just make due with the ventilation seats)