E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Interior photos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is that the charcoal interior?? IT LOOKS AMAZING!!! I orderd my 209 in grey interior and now I'm wishing that I ordered it in charcoal, I wonder if its too late, I still never recieved a VIN # from my salesperson
Old 08-01-2002, 01:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
knight rider

i had a couple of questions....1. when you go in reverse do your side mirors tilt down....2. If you have driven the 2002 e-class.....would you say that it has a better ride, and if it were quieter....3. Is the parktronic system worth it? THX
Old 08-01-2002, 02:10 PM

C-Class
1) no, the side-mirrors dont turn down in reverse
2) yes, it is a better ride. when u get inside and look/touch over the beautiful interior you will really like it. the parameter-steering is a very nice thing. it´s quieter and the w211 handles better, feels like a much smaller car when turned around curves. the new SBC-brake-system does also very well.
3) parktronic is always a nice thing, but working for a mercedes-benz dealer for exactly one year now trains your parking-skills alot driving all that nice cars around in the showroom is not always an easy thing
Old 08-01-2002, 03:13 PM

Felix answered it for me, he would know about W210 much more, I've never driven it.
Parktronic is one of the options I appreciate the most when using. It is definitely worth it for me, but then maybe you are a better driver.
Old 08-01-2002, 03:19 PM

2000 CLK430 Coupe
Originally posted by CLKfanatic
Is that the charcoal interior?? IT LOOKS AMAZING!!! I orderd my 209 in grey interior and now I'm wishing that I ordered it in charcoal, I wonder if its too late, I still never recieved a VIN # from my salesperson
If your dealer hasn't given you a build date, then you might be able to make some changes. On my 2003 E320, once I was given my build date, which is today (yeah), I couldn't make any changes because it has already been scheduled in Germany and I wanted to add 4 zone climate-control.
Old 08-01-2002, 03:38 PM

'97 C 280, '06 ML350
very well said my friend...

Originally posted by KnightRider
Jamesp, yes I like the car as much as on the first day. My excitement with the first Mercedes I've driven doesn't pass away. I've driven briefly SLK 230K and previous CL 500 before, but there was no time at all to appreciate them.
Now, after driving the car for 3 months by now, my mood and thoughts went like a pendulum from being very sceptical about Mercedes to being its' enthusiast.
I had this idea for months by now, that it is a bit of a waste of money buying any other car than Mercedes. Do you know what I mean? Mercedes is so much that almost any other car fades in comparison. It's not to do with just the styling, comfort, engine, etc, it's about the car as a whole package - it's excellent, with the whole being more than the sum of its' parts, partly due to a simply subjective feeling of seeing that star in front of you, knowing a century old history/heritage of Mercedes Benz, all the great cars before this one, etc, if you know what I mean. I think everyone should own a Mercedes once in their lifetime.
i know exactly how you feel.
Old 08-01-2002, 04:18 PM

SL500
KnightRider, jamesp,

I couldn't have said it better myself. People ask me why I bought an MB, they say a Lexus is smoother, a BMW handles better, an Infiniti has more standard features. They've driven a Benz and it's not that great, or so they say.

My response is always the same, OWN one and you'll understand. As a package, MB builds the greatest automobiles in the world, hands down.
Old 08-01-2002, 04:30 PM

2000 CLK430 Coupe
I agree! Ever since I bought my first MB in 1996, I knew that I will always have atleast one maybe two in my garage. Now I am buying my third. We strive to have the best things in life, and an MB in one of those items. IMO they are the best cars in the world. In most cases even over engineered, but that is the way of the Germans.
Old 08-01-2002, 05:25 PM

C-Class
the statement from "KnightRaider" is great, i know my english is not the best but i understand everything you´ve written, but sometimes it´s hard to put my thoughs into works (english words). especially for me (german, woking for mercedes-benz) such statements make me proud, and letting me know that i´am doing the right job. it´s more than a job, it´s hobby (like writing into this forum after work) ...it´s a part of my life.

today i´ve driven a new CLK 320 around in the city and was passanger in a black/berry red SL55 which was sold to a customer in italy. and i´am excited what will bring the next day. if only some of the people working for mercedes have the same passion in their work like me, it´s no wonder why mercedes-benz is, was, and will be, what it is.

thank you

y hasta luego

Last edited by Felix; 08-01-2002 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-01-2002, 06:47 PM

I think you'll agree with this one. I've realized recently too that you can't judge the car by just figures or photos or even a short test drive. You really have to OWN one, or have a complete access to it like I do, to feel it and understand whether you like it or not.
It's like a wine really, which I was researching on the web just now. You can't rely solely on the vintage charts or some guides' ratings, you have to try it and even better still, get 2 bottles and try it with a period of time in between, to appreciate it fully and to reach a conclusion on your liking/disliking.
One of the things that amazes me a lot is the history and its' length of the brand. Very few companies can rival it and you cant rewrite the history.
Take such a simple thing as a car's name. Mercedes Benz. Now list and count all the cars in the world called with a double name. Aston Martin, Rolls Royce, Alfa Romeo. Really old, well established names. Any others? And the ones that didn't survive - Hispano Suiza, Isotta Fraschini, Austin Healey, etc and Mercedes is among all those cars with double-word name. Even this simple fact is rather revealing and says a lot if you come to think of it. It was there, it is now and it will be, you can't argue with that.
Felix, I don't think anyone has problems understanding your English. I wish I spoke German though. I hope to learn it in the near future, it's really necessary to speak German these days.

Last edited by KnightRider; 08-01-2002 at 06:52 PM.
Old 08-01-2002, 07:56 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 ML500 w/Apperance pkg & '07 SL550 w/AMG pkg
I have been around MB for only a short period of time (2yrs), but have seen what people will do to own one of these fine automobiles; It's simply mind-blowing!! I have the pleasure of driving one of these cars home every night and I still get goose bumps everytime I start the ignition. This has got to be one of a handful of the finest vehicles ever produced and will only get better in the future. I know that a lot of people say that they would rather have a Lexus, BMW or Infiniti instead of MBZ, but if you ask 100 peolple randomly to name a High-Line luxury car and 90 (if not more) of those people will say MB before anyone else!!! Example: Why does the new Lexus LS430 look like the W140 S-class, next time you see one take a good look at it and seem if I am wrong or not!!!

Imitation is the highest form of flattery

MarcusBenz
H.O.I. MBZ

Last edited by MarcusBenz; 08-01-2002 at 07:59 PM.