E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Well, I drove the ML 500 today.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 11:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, I drove the ML 500 today.

Quite nice. Nicer than I expected. Pretty quick, pulls strongly, and good steering feel and response. I really felt in command of the road as compared with driving a sedan. The interior looked great (especially in the charcoal).

I don't know. Still a big move going from a sedan to an SUV but I know we're going to need the versatility after baby arrives. We already have an Audi allroad, so I think the wagon/SUV combo will suit us well.

Anyone else drive the new ML? What do people think of the new look as compared to the Cayenne, Range Sport, X5, etc.?
Old 02-03-2006, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 E55
no offense...to each his own....but I think it's a chick/mom car.....my .02
Old 02-03-2006, 11:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Haha!! My wife has one. I am having problems with hers, but it was a very early build one and I assume the problems have been resolved. As for the ML vs the E, I can't help you choose. But, I have also been deciding what the best SUV in that class is. All around, I like the ML most. The X5 is nice, especially the 4.8is. But, the body and interior is dated. the porsche, et al try too hard for me and aren't nearly as refined. The ML is much closer to a Benz sedan than the previous version. Mostly due to the unibody and a few trickle toys. The interior is still much more plasticky than the E500. I don't know what E you are used to, but make sure you compare apples to apples. If you are saying an ML500, then compare it to an E500. Price is also very comparable that way. My wife's has the airmatic and premium package, which are both well worth it. I do have one complaint about both cars and that is the back seat knee room, especially with kid's car seats. Other than that, you won't lose with any of the choices you are on.
Good luck and let us know. Also, PICS PICS PICS.