"intersection zoom"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its big and Grey!
"intersection zoom"

anyone ever try this in the NAv +5 menu? its checked no as default.

BTW, the british chicks voice is hot! I need to get her on there permantly!
Old 03-04-2006, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Be carefull in there. You're gonna get hurt, & the dealership will not try to figure out what you did. They will replace the Comand & charge you full price for it plus labor.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:06 PM
ATS
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E500 / 2001 C240
Originally Posted by 2manytoys
anyone ever try this in the NAv +5 menu? its checked no as default.

BTW, the british chicks voice is hot! I need to get her on there permantly!
How are you able to get in there with a 2006? I thought they disabled the menu entry (357) in the 2005 and 2006 versions...
Old 03-04-2006, 11:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
mine has the menu. i am almost sure all do.

what is the intersection zoom feature?

Barry45RPM: the dealer may charge you (as in not me), but it does not void the warranty to use the menu or to change the settings within them.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 ML 350
I have seen posted on this website official instructions to the dealerships from MBUSA, that any Comand which has had its configurations changed by accessing the "secret" key sequences are NOT to be repaired/reset by the dealerships under warranty. They are to be replaced if the customer wants them to work correctly again, AT THE CUSTOMER'S OWN COST. Has the warranty be "voided"? I'd say so. The units are incapable of changing their configuration by themselves, and NO warranty covers customer misuse.

So, I guess they won't charge you to pull & replace the unit unless you want the Comand to work again.

Last edited by Barry45RPM; 03-05-2006 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Originally Posted by jangy
Barry45RPM: the dealer may charge you (as in not me), but it does not void the warranty to use the menu or to change the settings within them.

Better read this....... You play, you WILL PAY.....

Old 03-05-2006, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Its big and Grey!
Originally Posted by ATS
How are you able to get in there with a 2006? I thought they disabled the menu entry (357) in the 2005 and 2006 versions...
press and hold the NAV and the 5 button at the same time for about 5 seconds until the menu comes up. its a diffrent secret menu than the 5 + 3/7 trick.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by HELL ONA HARLEY
Better read this....... You play, you WILL PAY.....

Dude, I will speak to my servcie manager about this. How is using a "feature" misuse? where exactly are the instructions for the Comand that say NOT to get into the menu. I did not reprogram it to have the menu, BENZ did it. That is a really cute DTB, but this is still America. I haven't changed mine, but I would be happy to bet any of you and try it out. I'll even take in a copy of that sheet and present it to my dealer. Who uses pay pal, so we can bet and see if they charge me to "replace" the comand??
If I play I will pay!!! Yeah right. Don't put the menu there if it isn't to get accessed. It isn't as if we used the Star tool to do it. That would be a completely different case.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
What is intersection zoom!!!!
Old 03-05-2006, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 ML 350
Dude, I will speak to my servcie manager about this. How is using a "feature" misuse? where exactly are the instructions for the Comand that say NOT to get into the menu. I did not reprogram it to have the menu, BENZ did it. That is a really cute DTB, but this is still America. I haven't changed mine, but I would be happy to bet any of you and try it out. I'll even take in a copy of that sheet and present it to my dealer. Who uses pay pal, so we can bet and see if they charge me to "replace" the comand??
If I play I will pay!!! Yeah right. Don't put the menu there if it isn't to get accessed. It isn't as if we used the Star tool to do it. That would be a completely different case.
Dude, There are NO instructions that tell you about the secret key strokes to access "Hidden Menus". That's why the menus are HIDDEN! Think of the key stroke sequence as the combination to unlock a safe... The key stroke sequences were originally leaked by someone who services these units to a Buddy who swore not to tell anybody, but instead told everybody after swearing each one of them to secrecy! Hidden menu options ARE NOT A "FEATURE". Thats why they're hidden.

There are no instructions specifically telling you not to go into your Windows INI file and change some lines to what you want them to say either, and the next time you turn on your computer, it won't work right either (if at all), are you gonna be pissed that you'll have to reinstall all of your programs and Windows to make things right? ...and if you can't do that yourself, you're gonna have to PAY someone to do it for you. Right? (The INI file is a "feature" that is hidden from you too, unless you go out of your way to "find" it!)

Why are you angry about paying someone to fix something you willfully broke? There's no difference between playing with software as it relates to the specific hardware installed in your car, than there is for you to open the back of your TV set & soldering in some similar looking electrical "doodads" on the circuit boards & being angry you have to pay to fix it. (That's why the back is screwed shut and doesn't have a latch and hinges on it.)

Everything you are permitted to play with in your car is spelled out in the thousand or so pages of manuals you got with the car. If it isn't in there and you do it anyway... you pay to fix it. Simple.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I guess we are arguing over symantics, and as I said I'm not even doing it. I do see your point, but I also see the "other".

Anyhow..2 points.

First, WHAT IS THE intersection zoom feature??

Second since mine is an AMG and harley had a sheet saying that MB makes no mistakes, does it mean that mine is a lemon since it DID NOT HAVE THE AMG greet screen from the factory?

As a side note, I had the dealer switch that over by printing them out an instruction sequence from this forum. They had no problem with it and were actually surprised that i didn't just do it myself!!
Old 03-05-2006, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Don't kill the messanger..... The TSB is real and there is no need to burn a copy of this as your dealer has already... Personaly, I have no desire to ***** around with my comand system. I've been reading about this 3,5,7 trick for years now and its so played out. This trick is for what??? to hear a brit voice only to have to keep resetting it everytime you restart your car??? Or to have an AMG logo on your screen???? Whoopieeeeee, what a joke. I guess its cheap entertainment for some, for me it not worth the risk of screwing up my comand system and then have to take time out of my day to have to go to the dealer and argue who's fault it is for the system being on the blink.... Leave it alone and have no problems.... But feel free to "play" and if problems arise you get to go to your dealer to see who's paying. Don't forget get back to us and let us know how you made out. Win or lose, you still had to waste a day to go to the dealer and have the wrenches rape your car's interior to replace your comand, so you still lose.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Not killing any messenger. I already conceded the whole argument and that is for you too. Your point is taken. I did want the AMG screen and that is all I had done at the dealer. No wrenches,I just didn't want to do it myself, given the electronics behind the Comand.
sorry for the attitude, I didn't mean it towards you. My point was (and is), I did not like the "tone" of that DTB and I would have no problem challenging the dealer on enforcing it. Does it mean I am looking for hidden screen? No, I'm not the type that changes my own oil and that is actually easy (I hear).
Old 03-05-2006, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Jangy, Although I was "quoting" you, my posts were not aimed at you alone but also some of the "newbes" here.... I read your posts and understand fully your not inclined to play with your comand. My post was being typed before I saw 45's post (great analogy) b.t.w, otherwise I would've keeped my mouth shut as he did a graet job getting the point across.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
I guess we are arguing over symantics, and as I said I'm not even doing it. I do see your point, but I also see the "other".

Anyhow..2 points.

First, WHAT IS THE intersection zoom feature??

Second since mine is an AMG and harley had a sheet saying that MB makes no mistakes, does it mean that mine is a lemon since it DID NOT HAVE THE AMG greet screen from the factory?

As a side note, I had the dealer switch that over by printing them out an instruction sequence from this forum. They had no problem with it and were actually surprised that i didn't just do it myself!!
Maybe I should talk to my dealer about this too when I go in for the complementary service, hehe. They still need to reactivate my TPMS and the malfunction screen for me. I guess I'll just tag the AMG startup screen to that.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:55 PM
ATS
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E500 / 2001 C240
As has been asked a couple times.. Anyone have any idea what "intersection zoom" is or does?! Thanks..!