2003 E320 Sport good car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 11:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
2003 E320 Sport good car?

We've finally gotten my mom in the market for a different car, and her van is being sold sometime this week. We plan to do it privately to get more money out of it. My mom has driven an 04 E320 Sport/Appearance (whatever it was that year) and likes the dark wood, gauges, and wheels. So we've decided it would be a Sport/Appearance model. She has also driven a 03 and 04 530i which she liked too but appreciates the styling on the E. Navi is not required but she wants Xenons and heated seats and the dark birdseye maple. One thing she liked about the BMW was they both had extended maintenance plans for 6 years/100k miles. If we buy a 03/04 E320 can it be expected to be a good car. I have searched and read on here but I want more opinion. And about extended warranty, is it a waste to go to our local MB Dealer and buy one? We want warranty for a few years afterw we buy it. My parents keep cars a long time would keeping it out of warranty be a mistake? The 03 BMW 530i is to me one of the best cars in the world and I am pushing for that, but my dad really is into Benz. The W220 is a mistake to keep out of warranty so thats out of the question, even though they both love that car. My moms best friend has one and she really likes it but the E seems like a slightly better car for reliability. I think that we hear more of the gripes on here than the good points. I really think that in reality the E is probably more reliable than we are lead to believe by those who have problems.

Tyler