E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

changing a diesel to AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
changing a diesel to AMG

I was thinking, I love the diesel for its gas saving feature but I love the look of the E55 AMG. Is it possible to buy the AMG sport package for it? CAn I also take off the CDI and E320 on the back and put on badge E55 and AMG on the back? I don't think anyone will notice unless they see me pumping diesel into it at the gas station.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
You can do whatever you want to your car, coz after all, it's your car. However, I don't recommend the rebadging part coz it would be easy to spot becoz you won't have the AMG interior.....
Old 04-24-2006, 04:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Putting AMG badging on a lesser powered vehicle must equate to stuffing socks down the front of your underpants!!

If your ashamed of the badging then remove it. I can understand an AMG owner taking off the boot badges and putting on the 320CDI option A wolf in sheeps clothing, but a sheep in wolf's clothing Sorry.

AMG skirts, front spoiler, wheels and rear end are all possible and look nice. You can even get tail pipes, but I'm not sure they would be genuine AMG, although I don't know if they are available for the new V6 CDI.

Regards,
John

P.S. I have a spare pair of socks that I have just removed from my 'Y' fronts
Old 04-24-2006, 08:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Its big and Grey!
putting E55 badges on a CDI it is GAY!

GL with your project!

Evan
Old 04-24-2006, 04:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML 320 CDI
Originally Posted by glojo
Putting AMG badging on a lesser powered vehicle must equate to stuffing socks down the front of your underpants!!

If your ashamed of the badging then remove it. I can understand an AMG owner taking off the boot badges and putting on the 320CDI option A wolf in sheeps clothing, but a sheep in wolf's clothing Sorry.

AMG skirts, front spoiler, wheels and rear end are all possible and look nice. You can even get tail pipes, but I'm not sure they would be genuine AMG, although I don't know if they are available for the new V6 CDI.

Regards,
John

P.S. I have a spare pair of socks that I have just removed from my 'Y' fronts
I thought you were a leopard skin thong man John, you have shattered my illusions
Old 04-24-2006, 04:52 PM
lig

was '03 E320 - now - '04 S4
Perhaps a "Type-R" badge would do the trick.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:02 PM

I just love the looks of the e55 AMG(I can easily afford by the way) but I love the economy of the diesel. I would prefer not to give any more money to the CEO of Exxon who got a 600 million dollar retirement package. I want to have the best of both worlds, the look of AMG but the ride and economy of the diesel. By the way, will the new AMG sport package, will it be available for the diesel? I can get AMG sport package and put it on the diesel and it will almost be identical except for the E55 and CDI badge on the back.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Do you have this engine in your car?

If not, yours will never be "the beast".

Plus, one look of the interior will expose the identity of your vehicle:

Example:

I mean, who do you want to cheat? Put on the badges so that you can pass off as having a higher model in front of some ignorant people?

Be proud of what you own!
Old 04-24-2006, 11:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 Carlsson CD32 E320 CDI Inline-6
NO don't ruin your CDI

You would spend a pile of money buying all the stuff to get the look of the E55.

Just think how much gas you could buy for that money. If you must do all that, get a slightly used E55. You get so many more features, with the E55, in addition to the beast engine.

Don't sweat the Exxon compensation. The CEO was under contract to get big bucks if the company did well. The company did very well. If profits would have been in the toilet he would not have gotten the money and he would have been ousted. Yeah, I know a lot of the profits were dumb luck because oil prices went up.

The way I see the high compensation, he is in a 40% tax bracket. Let him pay a pile of taxes. We gotta pay for the war and all the illegal aliens somehow, don't we? He makes the income of about 20,000 average people, but he pays the taxes of about 150,000 average people.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 S450, 2019 Range Rover LWB, 2015 Range Rover, 2019 S560 Cabriolet (awaiting delivery)
Originally Posted by tvo7
I just love the looks of the e55 AMG(I can easily afford by the way) but I love the economy of the diesel.
Let me get this straight...You can "easily afford" the e55, but you're concerned about spending too much on gas??

If you like the looks of the e55 and you can "easily" afford one, buy one and keep it in the garage where you won't have to worry about how un-economical it is. You can drive your CDI to save money on fuel.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:07 AM
Almost a Member!

W211
Originally Posted by cdiken
You would spend a pile of money buying all the stuff to get the look of the E55.

Just think how much gas you could buy for that money. If you must do all that, get a slightly used E55. You get so many more features, with the E55, in addition to the beast engine.

Don't sweat the Exxon compensation. The CEO was under contract to get big bucks if the company did well. The company did very well. If profits would have been in the toilet he would not have gotten the money and he would have been ousted. Yeah, I know a lot of the profits were dumb luck because oil prices went up.

The way I see the high compensation, he is in a 40% tax bracket. Let him pay a pile of taxes. We gotta pay for the war and all the illegal aliens somehow, don't we? He makes the income of about 20,000 average people, but he pays the taxes of about 150,000 average people.

Well said!
Old 04-25-2006, 01:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Originally Posted by 2manytoys
putting E55 badges on a CDI it is GAY!

GL with your project!

Evan

L.O.L...... Your one to talk with that Kleemann poser **** on your ride.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:07 AM
lig

was '03 E320 - now - '04 S4
Originally Posted by HELL ONA HARLEY

HOH just pwned you!
Old 04-25-2006, 08:53 PM

Well, I think its useless to have a black 320 cdi and a black e55 amg in the garage. Why don't I just combine them into one car. The v8 compressor sign on the side, can't you just buy that and put it on? I just want to combine them togther and get an economical E55 AMG. I never use the power of the engine anways, I start my car and accelerate like a grandmother so I odn't need the beast engine.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
Angry NO need for Xenophobia

Originally Posted by cdiken
We gotta pay for the war and all the illegal aliens somehow, don't we? He makes the income of about 20,000 average people, but he pays the taxes of about 150,000 average people.
Now let's try to keep things on subject shall we? There's no need to drag your Xenophobia into this. Who said anything about illegal aliens anywhere in this thread? I'm sure some of them actually pay taxes just like the rest of us. Some of them probably even work harder and longer hours for their money than some of us here.

Life has been good to you. You drive a nice car Be thankful of that and try not to take gratuitous potshots at those who are less fortunate. They are completely uncalled for and such comments reflect poorly and don't belong on this forum.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:11 PM

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts
'08 CL63
Buy the E55, pull the engine & either keep it in your garage, or swap with a cdi owner... You can most likely find a willing donor.

Then you truly have an E55 AMG, but the "fuel economy model".
Old 04-26-2006, 03:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by marcos
I thought you were a leopard skin thong man John, you have shattered my illusions

Leopard skin song!!!

Thing a thong of thickspence a pocket full of thigh,

Hi thailor

John
A sunny morning in Torquay
Old 04-26-2006, 03:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by WEBSRFR
Be thankful of that and try not to take gratuitous potshots at those who are less fortunate. They are completely uncalled for and such comments reflect poorly and don't belong on this forum.
Crikey,
I am priviledged to be a member of this excellent section, the contributors of which are a decent bunch of chaps and chapess's .

I am sure the remarks about aliens refer to those that are housed in Area 51 and three quarters. and the remark was not meant to be insulting.

Going slightly off topic is something that makes the 211 section such a nice place to visit?

John
Old 04-26-2006, 08:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Its big and Grey!
Originally Posted by HELL ONA HARLEY

Ok, so I have a Kleemann tune and badge, that makes me a poser? Dont be a hater, its not your taste, fine... move along...

Show me where it says I need to have a Kleemann supercharger to have the badge? A tune is engine management and in my opinion is just as good. Besides, its a lot nicer looking than the E320 badge (a badge that can be mistaken for a older V6 gas anyways)
Old 04-26-2006, 08:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Ok, so I have a Kleemann tune and badge, that makes me a poser? Dont be a hater, its not your taste, fine... move along...

Show me where it says I need to have a Kleemann supercharger to have the badge? A tune is engine management and in my opinion is just as good. Besides, its a lot nicer looking than the E320 badge (a badge that can be mistaken for a older V6 gas anyways)
oh boy, we're back to the tuner badge argument for the n+1th time......
Old 04-26-2006, 08:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Well, I think its useless to have a black 320 cdi and a black e55 amg in the garage. Why don't I just combine them into one car. The v8 compressor sign on the side, can't you just buy that and put it on? I just want to combine them togther and get an economical E55 AMG. I never use the power of the engine anways, I start my car and accelerate like a grandmother so I odn't need the beast engine.
If you don't need it, don't pose as if you have it.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
sure you can combine...get an AMG kit and put that on the CDI...take off all badges and keep it like that - badges suck anyways: dirt gets clogged up between the lettering
Originally Posted by Kev04C320
Plus, one look of the interior will expose the identity of your vehicle:
...just looking at the brakes will do already - no need to look beyond that...

greetingz,
Old 04-26-2006, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Originally Posted by MBenzNL
sure you can combine...get an AMG kit and put that on the CDI...take off all badges and keep it like that - badges suck anyways: dirt gets clogged up between the lettering

...just looking at the brakes will do already - no need to look beyond that...

greetingz,
oops, that's true......

by the way, thanks for your great work Steve. I decided to keep the star and the original badging.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:20 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 E300W
Other than feeding the owner's ego, who really cares what's on the decklid? Most folks who own these cars probably aren't in high school yet "V8, AMG, Klemman" or other fantasies are affixed. Who cares - whatever makes the owner feel OK is fine. It's their car.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:32 PM

Besides, its a lot nicer looking than the E320 badge (a badge that can be mistaken for a older V6 gas anyways)

What's the matter with that, bucko?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: changing a diesel to AMG