E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Painted Front License Plate Holder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 05:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All Diesel Fleet !1983 240d stick,2005 E320 CDI Midnight blue, 2005 E320 CDI, Desert Silver, Kubota
Painted Front License Plate Holder

MB dealer painted my plate holder. License plate frame is by Weathertech, hardened plastic.( $29.95 )
Attached Thumbnails Painted Front License Plate Holder-front-plate-small-.jpg  
Old 05-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Curious, why did you buy a front plate frame rather than simply have the dealer paint the free MB front plate frame that comes with the vehicle? Any vehicles delivered in a state that requires front plates must be delivered with the required front plate frame, no?
Old 05-02-2006, 03:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All Diesel Fleet !1983 240d stick,2005 E320 CDI Midnight blue, 2005 E320 CDI, Desert Silver, Kubota
Plate frame story!

Kind of involved, but I had lost my original front plate from my other car and when I purchased this car, I removed the dealer logo plate, with the supplied MB holder and put in 2 bumper plugs, matching the desert silver color. Connecticut requires 2 plates, but I liked the look of the front without the plate. I had my car in valet parking at the airport and they backed another car into my bumper, putting a nice, deep crease in the bumper. It was very noticeable. To fix the bumper would have been very expensive, involving removing the bumper, fixing, priming, and painting. I opted, instead, to have the dealer paint the original holder and just put a plate over the crease, and to be a good citizen again. End of story!

PS Looks like no one is interested in a Winter Meeting in Phoenix!

Last edited by jimbo1mcm; 05-02-2006 at 03:59 PM.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Originally Posted by konigstiger
Curious, why did you buy a front plate frame rather than simply have the dealer paint the free MB front plate frame that comes with the vehicle? Any vehicles delivered in a state that requires front plates must be delivered with the required front plate frame, no?
To clarify...the "key word" in his post is "frame"... The part that the dealer painted for him to match the body color is not the "frame" he is referring to. The dealer painted the "front license plate "mount" or "bracket" or "Front Plate mount/adapter", the "frame" he is referring to is the "picture frame like" item surrounding the plate which is mounted to the MB supplied mount.

The license plate screws travel thru holes in the license plate frame, thru the license plate holes and into the plastic (painted body color) front plate mount, which has been previously screwed onto the car thru the front bumper cover.

Ahhhh, NY. Also a "front plate state".
Old 05-02-2006, 06:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Thanks. I took for granted the plate simply fit inside the plate mount without the need (or want) for a plate frame. In looking again I see what was done, frame – plate – mount. It’s been fourteen years since I had to deal with front plates, windshield stickers, etc.

Last edited by konigstiger; 05-02-2006 at 06:39 PM.