E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

OK.. I think this is a new one. Scorching hot air during MAX AC??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 M6, 05 Noble, 01 S4, Smart ForTwo
OK.. I think this is a new one. Scorching hot air during MAX AC??

This has happened on and off over the last few mos. AC blows relatively cold, but it still feels warm in the cabin. I reach back, and the rear vents are burning hot. Cant even keep my hand in front of them because its so hot. Center consol is extremely warm... But all temp controls set at same temp, even dropped to lowest, max then back down to lowest, etc. no change.

NOW, I get ambient air through front left vents, ice cold throuh front right, and hot through both rears.... WTF!!!!!!

I took it straight to the dealer so they could document it and not tell me im nuts when I am actually able to bring it in under appointment. Of course they just made an appt and didnt even check the temps. If they dont fix it, or tell me they cant duplicate (again...) I'll blow up the service center.

Old 05-13-2006, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 BMW 550i
Had happened to me a few times, and is related to the 4 zone. I have mainly noticed this problem when adjusting the rear temps. A shutdown of the car for a few minutes is required to get it working again properly. In the winter it is the reverse, cold air comes out of the front vents instead. I have heard no fix, since it is not replicable.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its the Marshmallow Mode Code 1498, sold in northern countries in Europe for winter time. I did not know that option was available in the US.

Now on the serious note, you should check thermostat, it probably went crazy. It happend on an old C I had and they changed some kind of valve and thermostat.

J