E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

HVAC secret menu...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E320 CDI
HVAC secret menu...

I wanted to use the tunnel mode but instead of pressing the recirc button i pressed the rest button and held it.... all of a sudden a different menu came up--> 2 sets of numbers, the left side values from 0-99 the right side gives different temperatures (i'm guessing for different sensors)... i dont know if one should press the right up/down button because that number would then hold instead of fluctuating from the sensors. the car was running and it is the canadian version e-class with 4 zone climate control...

anyone have any more info on this??

KCclass
Old 05-14-2006, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Originally Posted by KCclass
I wanted to use the tunnel mode but instead of pressing the recirc button i pressed the rest button and held it.... all of a sudden a different menu came up--> 2 sets of numbers, the left side values from 0-99 the right side gives different temperatures (i'm guessing for different sensors)... i dont know if one should press the right up/down button because that number would then hold instead of fluctuating from the sensors. the car was running and it is the canadian version e-class with 4 zone climate control...

anyone have any more info on this??

KCclass

It is the diagnostics mode. It gives sensor information throughout the car, voltage and other information the dealer can use to help diagnose issues in the car.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:25 PM

E55
i pressed the passenger side temp buttons and yes the numbers will no longer fluctuate. how can i reset this menu back to factory?
Old 12-24-2014, 01:33 AM

E55
Found out that if you mess with the settings the values no longer read live. To reset all you have to do is turn off the key while still in the hidden menu. Next time you go back to the menu all the settings will be back to normal.